Author Topic: PMDG 777 Doors  (Read 902 times)

Pioneer

PMDG 777 Doors
« on: June 29, 2024, 11:07:28 pm »
Today's update separating the MSFS/P3D aircraft databases sorted out the door positions but the doors still don't open/close as required during boarding, etc. Anyway to sort this out?

Thanks...
I7-13700K @ 5.3Ghz, MSI Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, Gigabyte RTX 4070ti GPU, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 4 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

Art69

Re: PMDG 777 Doors
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2024, 06:38:36 am »
I guess this is how PMDG777 open and closed doors. I think they don't use a standard variable for the doors like other aircraft do. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think this has nothing to do with GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 Doors
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2024, 01:45:07 am »
Today's update separating the MSFS/P3D aircraft databases sorted out the door positions but the doors still don't open/close as required during boarding, etc. Anyway to sort this out?

The update to separate the P3D and MSFS internal databases was made ONLY to prevent possible P3D-only settings that could cause issues in MSFS to airplanes that used the same folder name in P3D and MSFS.

That doesn't mean because of that, the 777 would automatically get door automation, because it never had it in P3D either, because in P3D no airplane ever had door automation. As a general rule, airplanes using custom variables for doors will never get door automation with GSX (which instead works for planes using default door variables) UNLESS:

- The airplane developer has coded its own automation. Like Fenix, Leonardo, Aerosoft and others that have some custom GSX integration written by the developer.

- We wrote a custom integration for that airplane, and this happened in a single case, the PMDG 737.

It's likely we'll add a similar automation for the 777 in a future update but again, you shouldn't take door automation for granted, it's on a case-by-case basis. Unless with airplanes using default variables, where it's only a matter of assigning doors the correct ID in the profile.