Author Topic: Adjusting pax height at gate  (Read 736 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Adjusting pax height at gate
« on: August 06, 2023, 03:45:28 am »
I was at inbuilds KBUF, gate 12 and I noticed that the passengers feet were showing at the bottom of the jetway right before entering the terminal.  I opened Customize Airport Positions and selected Customize pax waypoints.  The Pax Gate indicator did not appear.  I positioned myself inside the jetway looking at the terminal but the blue pointer was not there either.  I tapped F1 and it said Gate 12 Selected Pax Portal Position (Customized) I tapped Q a couple of times just to see if it did anything.  Then I exited and the result was I had passengers walking down the side of the building.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adjusting pax height at gate
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2023, 02:26:43 pm »
You misunderstood what custom Pax Waypoints are for. They are ONLY used to customize a path passengers might eventually undertake AFTER the exist the jetway, for example to represent a fixed passenger bridge that is not part of the jetway object.

Everything happening "inside" the jetway is not customizable, because the jetway position is always different, so GSX use the waypoints from Jetway Navdata API. However, the height of the jetway "floor" is not something defined or standardized, so in order to fix this, you need to use the method explained at Page 71 of the manual, the chapter named "Custom Jetway Floor heights", which clearly explains the problem and how to deal with it.

20NailsPilot

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2024, 04:07:21 am »
You misunderstood what custom Pax Waypoints are for. They are ONLY used to customize a path passengers might eventually undertake AFTER the exist the jetway, for example to represent a fixed passenger bridge that is not part of the jetway object.

Everything happening "inside" the jetway is not customizable, because the jetway position is always different, so GSX use the waypoints from Jetway Navdata API. However, the height of the jetway "floor" is not something defined or standardized, so in order to fix this, you need to use the method explained at Page 71 of the manual, the chapter named "Custom Jetway Floor heights", which clearly explains the problem and how to deal with it.

Customizing pax waypoints in a jetway is quite anoying. It took me many hours to realize you can only customize the waypoint between the gate and the begining of the jetway (as you said).

However, my very last customized waypoint is on the correct height for the start point of the jetway. But once the passengers get there, they suddenly drop down and continue walking, so you can see them below the jetway at the very begining and then in the correct heigh at the end.

It's a third party airport (Mk Studios LEMG) and default jetways are disabled in GSX Config. Maybe is because the first point of the default jetways are in a different height than the customized jetway? Is there any way to fix this?

Apart of that, I love GSX Pro, is a very must plugin for airliners and jets.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2024, 12:37:04 am »
However, my very last customized waypoint is on the correct height for the start point of the jetway. But once the passengers get there, they suddenly drop down and continue walking, so you can see them below the jetway at the very begining and then in the correct heigh at the end.

That's caused by the building how crash boxes, because crash boxes in MSFS have the side effect of modifying the ground altitude, so your placed waypoint is not really where you think it is.

Profile creators found ways to overcome this issue, which is not the same for every scenery, because the crashbox shape depends on the shape of the building, how many separate pieces is made of, so there's no general rule.

KL204

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2024, 09:37:33 am »
I tapped Q a couple of times just to see if it did anything.
You have to tap a couple thousend times to get it up or downwards.;)