General Category > General Discussion

MSFS2024 GSX separate version?

(1/1)

StarBlue:
Hi,

I bought GSX for P3D (was even a beta for v2) and held off for MSFS2020 until now.  But we are 6 months out from MSFS2024.  I know Asobo says 2020 addons "should" work in 2024.  I'm just curious if FSDT is going to make us buy an upgrade?  If so if I buy it today, will I get some kind of discount for the 2024 version?

Captain Kevin:
Jhan, if it works for MSFS2024, I would think the license should be fine. The FSX and P3D versions of GSX were all just one product with one license. The only reason GSX Pro was a separate purchase was they had to do a lot of the things from the ground up.

StarBlue:
Hey Capt Kevin,

I know that is what Umberto mentioned back in the P3D days.  Just making sure as if I have to re-purchase it for full price, I will probably just wait.

virtuali:
We will NOT charge to "just" use GSX Pro with its current features in MSFS 2024, even if it might require work to adapt it (we don't think so), because when we decide to charge, is to add actual new features, not just the privilege to install into the new sim the same product.

GSX Pro for MSFS was a new purchase because it's NOT the same product, and the previous one has been updated for free from FSX, FSX:Steam, P3D 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for more than a decade.

culley35:
All the work you put into your products are amazing for the price and support. I had considered buying passengers 2, but wasn't sure if it would work with the newest version of GSX Pro. After i started seeing people get on the plane through GSX Pro, I was simply amazed. As a customer since early FSX days, FSDT has come such along way.

Thanks again Brett

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version