Author Topic: Is it possible to get older installer or roll back version ?  (Read 805 times)

hurfifx

Hello,

is it possible to roll back gsx?
unfortunatly gsx 3.00 doesn't work with msfs 1.37
you might ask why am I not on the latest version of msfs
1.36 offers significantly higher performance on older computers here is why and unfortunatly since the last gsx update, the gsx menu doesn't load anymore
or maybe a hotfix could bring back the compatiblity of gsx to 1.36?
thanks 🙂

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Is it possible to get older installer or roll back version ?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2024, 08:57:34 pm »
You'd only be able to roll it back if you backed it up before you did the update. That said, I'd be curious as to how you've managed to run MSFS without being forced to update.
Captain Kevin

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2024, 04:09:37 am »
You'd only be able to roll it back if you backed it up before you did the update. That said, I'd be curious as to how you've managed to run MSFS without being forced to update.
yep like  to know  how  as  well   since  you  cannot  get  past  the  update  screen,  aslo  you will  came  into  issues   as well  if  you stay   back  and other  addons  update  their  software  to the  latest  version of  msfs   here  is  your  offical answer
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31663.0.html
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 04:13:00 am by pete_auau »

hurfifx

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2024, 02:40:07 pm »
The upgrade screen has nothing to do with the msfs version, it has to do with the msfs files.
It's the xbox app that updates the flightsimulator.exe if you want more information I don't know if I'm allowed to post here the link but on msfs forum I made a post talking about performance degradation (it only concers people with 10 years old cpu)

As for the gsx version, I though that having an older offline installer would be what's required? Isn't it possible? I'm sad I'll now have to fly with minuse 10 fps... Just because of GSX v3 that adds passenger in the fenix..

pete_auau

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2024, 06:16:32 am »
The upgrade screen has nothing to do with the msfs version, it has to do with the msfs files.
It's the xbox app that updates the flightsimulator.exe if you want more information I don't know if I'm allowed to post here the link but on msfs forum I made a post talking about performance degradation (it only concers people with 10 years old cpu)

As for the gsx version, I though that having an older offline installer would be what's required? Isn't it possible? I'm sad I'll now have to fly with minuse 10 fps... Just because of GSX v3 that adds passenger in the fenix..

Just untick  the  option  for  fenix  passengers simple

hurfifx

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2024, 12:21:14 pm »
Hey maybe I made you confused It has nothing to do with the fenix tick or untick option ; Its about the msfs version, and the last gsx version doesnt load anymore on msfs 1.36.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/performance-regression-in-1-37-8-0/645494/17

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2024, 03:03:05 pm »
Hey maybe I made you confused It has nothing to do with the fenix tick or untick option ; Its about the msfs version, and the last gsx version doesnt load anymore on msfs 1.36.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/performance-regression-in-1-37-8-0/645494/17
nope you didnt  confuse  me  this  is  what you wrote  in  your  above  post
I'm sad I'll now have to fly with minuse 10 fps... Just because of GSX v3 that adds passenger in the fenix.   so i  said  untick  the  fenix   option

hurfifx

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024, 01:12:41 pm »
I managed to indentify who is creating the incompatiblity with MSFS 1.36.2 , both files init.py, if the developper isn't interested in providing a solution to restore the function of the plugin, I would understand.

On this thread someone mentioned lack of compatiblity with other 3rd party if I don't update msfs, well the issue is occuring only with GSX and the other 3rd party devs don't force you to update plus msfs 2020 is no longer going to get huge updates I guess with msfs 2024 in less than 6 months. It would have been cool to still be able to use gsx with the performance I had prior to the SU15

pete_auau

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2024, 03:19:27 pm »
I managed to indentify who is creating the incompatiblity with MSFS 1.36.2 , both files init.py, if the developper isn't interested in providing a solution to restore the function of the plugin, I would understand.

On this thread someone mentioned lack of compatiblity with other 3rd party if I don't update msfs, well the issue is occuring only with GSX and the other 3rd party devs don't force you to update plus msfs 2020 is no longer going to get huge updates I guess with msfs 2024 in less than 6 months. It would have been cool to still be able to use gsx with the performance I had prior to the SU15
so  whats going  to be  different  with msfs 2024  they still  force  you to update  as well

hurfifx

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2024, 05:35:49 pm »
Well you are not forced to buy MSFS 2024 and can still fly on 2020 just like people on prepar3d would stay on v4 or v3.

For now we are in June 2024 and 2 weeks ago I was able to fly with gsx with 30 fps in average at LHR which is fine for some users. Now I’m at 20.

Imagine if GSX was not working anymore on p3d v4 or v3 and only on v5.4 and not v5.3 this would make people unhappy.

But anyway I think we are drifting away from the topic which is asking about what could make gsx compatible again since this whole sim is almost at its end cycle. I can understand you are not concerned by this issue and I see you are starting to lack context in your answers. I don’t really understand the inputs you are trying to make. The only valid input you made so far is pointing to this other thread saying there is no official way to revert back, so I still try to raise awareness if people encounter the exact same scenario