Author Topic: The Passenger Feature Doesn't work for Multi-Leg Flights  (Read 882 times)

rsaberi

The Passenger Feature Doesn't work for Multi-Leg Flights
« on: June 10, 2024, 07:29:09 am »
Hello,

While I love the new addition, unfortunately it doesn't work when doing multi-leg flights. On the return flight, the passengers do not debark the 2nd bus and basically disappear one by one, and they are not added as seated passengers in the plane. And after landing (2nd leg), the passengers are stuck on the plane, and when the buses come, there is no animation, the buses get filled up with passenger one by one, without the passengers leaving the plane! And the passengers stay on the plane even when the deboarding is completed.
This is with Fenix.

Hope you can fix it.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 02:30:36 am by rsaberi »

Chok

Re: The Passenger Feature Doesn't work for Multi-Leg Flights
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2024, 08:50:49 pm »
Hi

I can confirm this, i experienced this twice on return-legs. It only happens on the 2nd leg.
Also happens on normal gates with jetway.

If you restart couatl and deboard manually, it empties the plane. But the first try, which is automatic with fenix, doesn't work.

v. 3.04.

RogerWilco

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 10:16:40 pm »
Couatl crashes when deboarding starts.

rsaberi

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 05:46:20 am »
As is, the current version (3.05) and all 3.0 versions are useless if people want to do multi-leg flights. The whole GSX thing gets messed up as explained in my first post in this thread. Is there anyway we can go back to 2.9 versions? I would rather have a functioning program than seeing passenger seated for just one leg of the flight and have a real messed up operation after that!

rsaberi

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2024, 08:29:10 am »
This issue persists even if the passenger feature for Fenix is unclicked in the config! Hope this issue gets resolved! No passenger movement works for the 2nd leg of the flight ... No such issue existed before version 3.0.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2024, 10:16:07 pm »
Please try without using the Fenix integration.

rsaberi

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2024, 12:11:13 am »
Fenix integration is off and has been off for a while on my system. I had no such issue before Version 3.0 and now the passengers don't move with the 2nd leg of flight. I also turned off the passenger in the cabin option in the config and that didn't help. I would be happy to go back to version 2.9... as this passenger things is very buggy.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2024, 11:43:27 am »
Going back to the old version is obviously the wrong approach to anything. Please clarify if the issue is fixed by restarting the Couatl engine before the 2nd leg, and also if it happens with ANOTHER AIRPLANE.

The issue is, which is new with 3.0, is the Fenix has a small bug that reset the GSX Passengers number to 0 when the GSX restarts (regardless if the integration is used or not), which it shouldn't do it, we notified it to Fenix and they it will be fixed, but they couldn't release an update in time for the GSX update, so we had to do a workaround, but it wasn't really tested, that's why it would be best to know if it happens with another airplane, because the cause might be the workaround not working on the 2nd leg.

rsaberi

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 07:56:45 pm »
Thanks for the info and looking into this. I don't fly any other plane but I have tried restarting GSX for the 2nd leg and it doesn't work, unfortunately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 12:03:47 am »
Thanks for the info and looking into this. I don't fly any other plane but I have tried restarting GSX for the 2nd leg and it doesn't work, unfortunately.

Were you using Simbrief ? Because the fix works only if you do.

rsaberi

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 04:40:28 am »
Yes. I always use Simbrief.

rsaberi

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 06:58:40 pm »
I may have found the reason for the issue but I need to do more testing. While I had the Fenix GSX integration off (in Fenix efb), I was using an outside program Fenix2GSX that assists with integration. The program was set to automatically start with FSUIPC and even if I disabled it once the MSFS started (on the ground), it still impacted the GSX operation. I disabled the autostart of that program and did two flights last night with seemingly no issue but I will do additional testing and update you. As you mentioned, seems like the integration in general is the issue.

rsaberi

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2024, 08:30:29 am »
Unfortunately the issue is not resolved. This time the issue occurred after landing the 2nd leg of the flight (before it would also happen for the departure of the 2nd leg). The passenger don't move and they just appear one by one in the buses! Hope it gets fixed.