Author Topic: PAX disappear inflight  (Read 912 times)

DELTA767

PAX disappear inflight
« on: June 10, 2024, 02:01:52 am »
Hello,

I just noticed that when passing 10,000 feet the pax disappeared from the outside view. Was that planned or a bug?

DELTA767

Re: PAX disappear inflight
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2024, 11:47:50 pm »
Bad customer service really strips from a excellent product. Its 2024, you guys really got to do better. Keep it up you won't be in business much longer. The choice is yours!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2024, 12:21:50 am »
The last time Umberto was seen on the forum was almost 14 hours before you made your initial post. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one who handles technical support around here.
Captain Kevin

kingnorris

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2024, 02:26:40 am »
The last time Umberto was seen on the forum was almost 14 hours before you made your initial post. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only one who handles technical support around here.

God Forbid he has a life outside of this program...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2024, 03:04:58 am »
God Forbid he has a life outside of this program...
He was wondering why he wasn't getting a response, I'm telling him why. Since nobody else handles technical support here, if Umberto isn't around, all he can do is wait.
Captain Kevin

woodstock327

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2024, 05:19:09 am »
I noticed the same, but for me the passengers disappear at around 10,000 ft not only from the external view, but they also disappear inside in the cabin - when I open the cabin door the cabin is just empty. Once I get below 10,000 again on descent they come back.

Since it seems that only a few people are reporting this I'm wondering what could be causing this. I'm using a standard Fenix livery, and I do not have the 'Disable GSX during flight' setting enabled in case that would matter. Any ideas?

Richard1000

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 12:00:30 am »
Bad customer service really strips from a excellent product. Its 2024, you guys really got to do better. Keep it up you won't be in business much longer. The choice is yours!
Since passengers sitting in the fenix wasn't even mentioned when I bought gsx, I think we get amazing support!

dwc3402

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2024, 11:17:37 pm »
I'm having the same issue, ive downloaded via the live updater, and download the offline update . the passengers arrive, load and sit ok, but when i get to 10000 feet, they disappear, and are not being shown from the outside view. any idease anyone

woodstock327

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 10:47:24 pm »
Anyone who is having this issue - if you are also using AutoFPS, then that's the reason the passengers disappear. It reduces the OLOD to 20 by default once you reach 10,000 feet

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2024, 12:02:58 am »
Apart for the absurd comments about not offering support, not even taking into account we had the forum down, because we were updating to a new server AND we were hit by the global internet shortage which has affected Microsoft itself and millions of websites running on Cloudflare, the "problem", which of course is NOT a GSX problem, as usual, is clearly AutoFPS, since passengers are carefully optimized with multiple LOD levels, tuned to the default "High" value of 100 ( Ultra would be 200 ).

As a general suggestion: when something disappears because of AutoFPS, it's an indication it has been WELL optimized.

It we just didn't care about fps or memory, we wouldn't have modeled any LODs, so the objects wouldn't be affected by the Object LOD slider. This would have saved a considerable amount of time/money to provide with this free update, and we could have always use the old excuse "our product is so detailed that requires a new PC", which is a lame excuse because nobody will tell you that adding LODs takes time, and nobody like to do that.

ROMAN78

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 10:23:34 am »
So is this normal for the pax to disappear when climbing pass 10,000 feet? Still wondering.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 02:42:14 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 02:43:32 pm »
So is this normal for the pax to disappear when climbing pass 10,000 feet? Still wondering.

I thought it was quite clear from my latest post, GSX doesn't have anything to do with it: it's caused by AutoFPS lowering the LOD to a too low value over 10,000 feet, so you must act on AutoFPS to change that setting.