Author Topic: Flight attendants laguage  (Read 225 times)

atr_42_500

Flight attendants laguage
« on: June 14, 2024, 01:35:11 pm »
Hello
First congratulations for the nice update.
Now I have this issue: Wizzair plane in Amsterdam, flight attendants welcome pax in English and  German.
I cannot see the logic of German language in AMS. Is there a way to force GSX to only use English for crew welcoming? Or to set other languages for specific countries?
Thanx
Mircea
PS I know wizz doesn't fly to AMS :).

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Flight attendants laguage
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2024, 06:52:49 pm »
I'm guessing the languages are based off of airline, but that's just a guess.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flight attendants laguage
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2024, 12:26:19 am »
Crew languages are based on the airline nationality, since while is completely unrealistic to assume that, just because you can fly anywhere in the world, the crew would speak in different language (and different voices as well), each time you land in a different country, it's not too unrealistic to assume that, not only they would speak in the airline-own language, but also there might be a number of passengers preferring to fly an airline from their own country, and that's also why the percentage of national language words is keep to a minority of a about 20%, compared to 80% of words which are English, in any case.

Now, Wizz Air is a bit on unfortunate example, because the airline is Hungarian, but we don't have Hungarian accents voices, so we choose English/German for Wizz, because it seemed "less wrong" than British or even worse American English. Clearly, adding new languages is always an option, which we did many times in the past, since we have far more voices today than even a year ago.