Author Topic: Passengers too big!  (Read 826 times)

Deso1

Passengers too big!
« on: May 15, 2023, 01:23:32 pm »
Hi, is it me or are the passengers too large/tall so they don't walk properly in jetways and into planes? Either their heads appear or their legs appear.

Thanks

SN737

Re: Passengers too big!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 12:25:35 am »
I agree

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 04:43:22 pm »
All GSX Passengers are correct to the centimeter, the tallest guys is about 2mt, but most of them are way shorter so no, they are 100% accurate.

There are two different issues here you shouldn't confuse:

Passengers heads/feet stick out of the jetway:

This might not be an indication of the passengers being "too big", it might just be the jetway FLOOR HEIGHT hasn't been set correctly in the airport profile.

This of course discussed in the GSX manual, which clearly explain why it's not possible for GSX to know the exact height of the jetway tunnels, so it must be specified in the airport .INI file. The chapter in the manual which explain this in detail is at Page 71, and it's named "Custom Jetway Floor heights"

Jetway too small:

Assuming you (or whoever made the GSX airport profile, assuming you are using one) has set the correct floor height for all jetways on a 3rd party scenery, so you see passenger walking precisely on the jetway tunnel floor, but you STILL see their head sticking out, the only possible explanation is...the jetway has been modeled wrong.

And yes, there are some jetways from some 3rd party airports I won't name here, which we MEASURED (because we always test things in the proper way, before saying something), with the smallest tunnel to be just 1.5 mt high, which of course is absurd, since I never heard of a real jetway that forces you to crouch to walk it!

Obviously, OUR Jetways are correctly modeled with their precise dimensions, and all our passengers, even the tallest ones, have plenty of top clearance, clearly proving the passengers are fine.

dreampilot

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 02:25:36 pm »
First, congratulations on your fantastic update with seated pax in the cabin. I'm surprised it does indeed add to the immersion, more than I thought it would. This is really very nice. Thank you for moving forward with your valued product!

I feel I have to resurrect this thread, though. No matter how often you say the people in GSX have correct size, it doesn't change the fact, that they look oversized in the world of MSFS. This is so obvious to spot, that I find it strange, there even is room for discussion on this matter.

Look the attached screenshots I just took from MSFS.

Now look at some real world images you can find on the net (there are loads of them).
https://www.airliners.net/search?aircraftBasicType=851&photoCategory=3&page=1

In real pictures
- you mostly see only the top of the pax heads
- you almost never see a persons neck and I've not found a picture where the shoulder / upper back is visible (like multiple times in GSX)
- the head position relative to the window is way different compared to GSX
- the space between heads and overhead bin is different

GSX just looks so "meaty"...

Please, think about adjusting the peoples sizes in GSX. Thank you.

SN737

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 04:21:12 pm »
They're oversized indeed!

disco79stu

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 10:00:56 pm »
+1

most of them have the headrest at their shoulders or below...

alepro

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2024, 04:13:34 am »
I'm with you on this. Most passengers heads don't touch the headrest. I'm 6 foot 4, and my head touches the headrest in most A320 seats. From the back of the cabin, most passengers would only be visible with the very tops of their heads, if that (see pic).

Image credit: Robert Domandl https://www.airliners.net/user/JT8DJUJ/profile

GSX passengers seem about 15%-20 too big to me:

Image credit: @dreampilot
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 04:16:03 am by alepro »

disco79stu

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2024, 10:07:51 am »
I think all of those models are from a asset library, I‘ve seen the exact same ones in other games. Not sure they can individually change their sizes…