Author Topic: Passengers visibility issues VR and 2D  (Read 369 times)

AndyCYXU

Passengers visibility issues VR and 2D
« on: June 08, 2024, 10:27:32 am »
In VR passengers will disappear once I walk pass seat row #25, in 2D they stay little longer pass row #28.
On the front part of the aircraft it is fine in 2D, but in VR if you seat in your pilot chair and turn around you cannot see them.. need to walk up close to the door then they show up again.

If there was something you could adjust so they show up in VR little better (from pilot seat to the rear galley that would be cool)

Thanks

« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 10:40:57 am by AndyCYXU »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers visibility issues VR and 2D
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2024, 11:39:47 am »
If there was something you could adjust so they show up in VR little better (from pilot seat to the rear galley that would be cool)

It's caused by the different LOD scales in VR, but since LODs can't be changed dynamically, we would probably need to have some VR switch in the installer, so you will have to configure for VR before the sim starts and you won't be able to change it in game.

Driver8

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2024, 12:01:36 pm »
It's caused by the different LOD scales in VR, but since LODs can't be changed dynamically, we would probably need to have some VR switch in the installer, so you will have to configure for VR before the sim starts and you won't be able to change it in game.

Not sure about the OP,. but i would be cool with a switch in the installer that allows the passengers to be visible from the captain's or FO's seat in VR, even though it would not be able to be changed in-game.  I'm in the camp that "once i went VR, i can't go back", so changing on the fly isn't anything i'd be concerned about.  So long as the passengers would still disappear when the cockpit door was closed, an installer switch has my vote!

Shack95

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2024, 01:07:22 pm »
i would be cool with a switch in the installer that allows the passengers to be visible from the captain's or FO's seat in VR, even though it would not be able to be changed in-game.  I'm in the camp that "once i went VR, i can't go back"
I‘d support that too. Such an option would be great.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2024, 06:33:00 pm »

yes if you can implement something like that I would be fine with it. However you can fix, it would be great switch, or what not. Sure !

some slightly better LOD for VR, same really happens with suitcases when they load them, as other said as long as the doors closed they are gone "OFF" it is good too then for landing takeoff they are out of the way as they do have quite a bit of impact on performance.

keep in mind they also disappear in 2D at seat row 28 so even for 2D LOD is "too short" not the proper way to describe it but you know what i mean i hope

anyways if you could fix it up that would be great, otherwise great job overall hoping for more aircraft coming soon  :D

got message from Umberto I WILL TRY LATER TO UP MY LOD in VR IT MIGHT HELP I only have it at 120 i think not very high
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 11:17:26 pm by AndyCYXU »

AndyCYXU

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2024, 03:34:55 am »
ok, so setting LOD to 200 in VR does make passengers appear from the pilots seat, however when walking back to the rear of the aircraft they vanish now at seat row #28 so got 3 more rows this way (before row #25) i suppose LOL

another problem i found it was a night flight and when i went to check on passengers during cruise they were scary zombies  :-\ :-\ :-\

well basically every one was black a coal no textures as per pictures

Once i landed and stopped at the gate every one was normally textured looking good, it was a night flight

« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 04:31:53 am by AndyCYXU »