Author Topic: Can Addon-manager settings be disabled?  (Read 3937 times)

aceridgey

Can Addon-manager settings be disabled?
« on: June 13, 2010, 04:56:06 pm »
hi Virtual,

Can the tweaks
http://i49.tinypic.com/xm979y.jpg

be cancelled out, i dont know enough about it, and i would rather have my own tweaks

Alex
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 10:00:49 pm by virtuali »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: Can Addon-manager settings be disabled?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:19:15 pm »
Unless you've clicked save to FSX, they probably already are.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can Addon-manager settings be disabled?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:13:08 pm »
be cancelled out, i dont know enough about it, and i would rather have my own tweaks

First, the Addon Manager doesn't "do" any tweaks, it simply read what you ALREADY had in your FSX.CFG file, and display it, allowing to modify it.

Even if you press the Save button, it will simply confirm what was already there. Of course, if you CHANGE a setting, then you press the Save button, it IS "your" setting, exactly as if you modified the FSX.CFG by hand, the only difference is that you used a graphic interface.

The only exception to this, is for settings that are not normally present in the FSX.CFG by default. In THIS case, If you press the Save button, you'll end up adding something, but they are given standard default values anyway.

Of course, this is only relevant to FSX.CFG settings that are global to all sceneries. For Addon Manager specific tweaks, the only that is really significant is the Antipopup value, which has been explained in many other threads here, the others are really minor.