Author Topic: Seated passengers textures  (Read 2607 times)

zain1291

Re: Seated passengers textures
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2024, 09:17:39 pm »
Yea same issue. Installed livery via fenix's livery manager. I guess we do need to run the installer everytime you put in a new livery.

alexm90

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2024, 09:24:05 pm »
Thanks Alex

Unfortunately it seems only to work with textures that came through the Fenix Livery Manager. In my example, I downloaded Edelweiss from the livery Manager.
After your suggestion, a model folder was created. However with the Tunisair Repaint I've downloaded from flightsim.to it won't create that folder.
If I add it manualy and add it to the aircraft.cfg, the plane does not show up in the sim.
So I realy hope there is soon a better handling for freeware paints.

Kind Regards
Patrick

Hi Patrick

in my instance it was also a livery loaded from flightsim.to and not from the livery manager - but maybe something else is needed by the livery creator.

Swisspilot

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2024, 09:32:56 pm »
Hi Alex
Would you mind to test it with my livery to see if I did something wrong?
Kind Regards
Patrick

jfo11

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2024, 09:59:02 pm »
Same issue (pink-checkered seated passengers) with livery
FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN 4K
from Flightsim.to
(edited to add that livery is installed via addon linker in community folder, not inside Fenix liveries folder)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 10:06:15 pm by jfo11 »

alexm90

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2024, 12:03:50 am »
Hi Alex
Would you mind to test it with my livery to see if I did something wrong?
Kind Regards
Patrick

Hi Patrick,

i downloaded the TS-IMU livery from your link and added it the way I did today and it works. But be aware that the folder structure is correct. Default livery path is \Community\fnx-aircraft-320-liveries\SimObjects\Airplanes\FNX_320_CFM_TARTSIMU if you download the livery it already comes packed in a SimObjects folder, you need to move only the FNX_320_CFM_TARTSIMU folder in the defaul location. Oddly enough there was no model folder created but the passenger were visible.

Im still not 100% sure that this is really the reason why it works and I do hope on a clarification note from Umberto about this. But for me - I have now visible Passengers in the Tunisair livery.

KR
Alex

alexm90

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2024, 12:08:23 am »
On another note - I flew at night time today and this happend. The cabin was lit, but the passengers were sitting in the dark. First I thought "cool, now I dont have pink but black textures", but if you look closely you see, that they have texture, they are just sitting in the dark. It happend on approach at nighttime at LOWW in 9H-LMI (added via the default livery manager path method mentioned above)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 12:10:06 am by alexm90 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2024, 03:43:17 am »
That's caused by the airplane not having interior dynamic lights.

Swisspilot

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2024, 08:40:27 am »
Thanks Alex.

I didn't test it before as I saw no model folder, but after I saw your post I tested it again. Indeed I have now the passengers too.
I'll try to move the folder now out to my custom location and see if it still works. Normaly, most of my addons are outside the communityfolder and I activate only what I need for the current flight with Addonlinker.

Kind Regards
Patrick

jfo11

« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2024, 12:56:21 pm »
Thanks for the advice in the forum...
I moved the Vueling livery from Flightsim.to (FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN 4K) into the Fenix liveries folder, and now it works :D

adsm88

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2024, 01:04:10 pm »
you need to make sure that the livery in the community folder follows the fenix standards. Named as follows fnx-aircraft-320-xxxx. If you have a livery folder named like FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN as I had gsx does not recognise it as a livery. I changed the folders name to fnx-aircraft-320-VLGMVN and voila.
If you do not see the created by gsx file inside the model folder it just means that gsx has created nothing. But it will work anyways.
If you do not have a model folder GSX will write an entry in the aircraft.cfg and create that model folder.
So 1 : make sure to have the airline icao entry in the aircraft.cfg
and 2. that the folder name in the community folder follows the fenix standards

I just think that this is something that the developers should explain clearly. It took me 2 hours to figure out the GSX logic on this.

adsm88

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2024, 01:07:11 pm »
Thanks for the advice in the forum...
I moved the Vueling livery from Flightsim.to (FNX_320_IAE_VLGMVN 4K) into the Fenix liveries folder, and now it works :D

Makes sense because the fnx liveries folder follows the right folder's name standards for GSX. A quick option is to, as I posted above, to change the folder's name.

dreampilot

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2024, 01:37:07 pm »
I just think that this is something that the developers should explain clearly. It took me 2 hours to figure out the GSX logic on this.

Absolutely. If it's not straight foolproof, it must be explained in detail, somewhere.

Acesimulation

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2024, 01:59:42 pm »
I have downloaded the Easyjet livery from the fenix manager, the airline icao says EZY but its showing the wrong uniform ?

Pioneer

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2024, 05:27:53 am »
I'm using a FNX livery from the livery manager. The passengers come onboard, go to their seat, then disappear never to be seen again.
I7-13700K @ 5.3Ghz, MSI Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, Corsair H100i Platinum AIO Cooler, Gigabyte RTX 4070ti GPU, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5 RAM, Samsung 1TB NVMe + 4 x 1TB SSD's, 27" LG 27GL850-B QHD Monitor, Cooler Master MasterCase H500, Cooler Master 1000 Watt PSU, Win10, MSFS, Logitech X52 Pro

MrSauga

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2024, 02:54:39 am »
I was having the same pink texture issue as soon as the pax would sit down. I tried moving my liveries to the default fenix directory but could only get one livery to show the correct textures. It was the only folder that the model folder was added/created in.
Then I gave me full permission to the fenix liveries folder and all my liveries now get the model folder. They all appear to be working correctly now. Maybe it was just coincidence. I don't know, and I don't care, but if you are having this issue then it can't hurt to try. You can always remove the permissions afterwards.
Now, I have not moved my folders out of the default fenix livery folder (fnx-aircraft-320-liveries). The default folder however is not in my community folder. I still use addon linker to handle all that and keep things neat. It's quite possible that you don't need them in the default fenix livery folder if you give full permission to the folder containing your liveries. It's something you would have to try. If it doesn't work, try moving them to the default livery folder and allow full access to that folder.

Again, this worked for me. It may not work for you. Right click on your livery folder and select properties. Then select the security tab and work your way around to editing the permissions. I'm not here to explain all that, so don't ask questions on how to change permissions on a folder. Google will do that for you.
Good luck.