Author Topic: GSX Update with passengers  (Read 6575 times)

carlanthony24

GSX Update with passengers
« on: June 07, 2024, 03:32:37 am »
First livery was Lauda Air Fenix A320 3 flight attendants appeared fine one did not not, when passengers are seated they end up in pink. Once boarding finished all flight attendants then show up in pink. Did the same test with a British Airways aircraft and did not have the issue. https://prnt.sc/HMf6caUJeQzn

Art69

Re: GSX Update with passengers
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2024, 07:19:31 am »
First livery was Lauda Air Fenix A320 3 flight attendants appeared fine one did not not, when passengers are seated they end up in pink. Once boarding finished all flight attendants then show up in pink. Did the same test with a British Airways aircraft and did not have the issue. https://prnt.sc/HMf6caUJeQzn

Bro.... look's like your plane is full of aliens  ;D

Ahmed_rady

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 08:33:09 am »
the same issue with me all passngers are pink no textures  :-[
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 08:35:18 am by Ahmed_rady »

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 08:35:25 am »
you 2  are lucky got no passengers just the lousy 1 lol  might  try  another  airport , ok  tried  another  airport   got all passengers  but  they disappeared as  soon  as  they got  to  their seats using  the  fenix iae  variant, ok tried  another  airport same  thing  they disappear  as  soon as  they get  to their seats
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 10:09:30 am by pete_auau »

bcrawley57

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 08:49:11 am »
80% of crew pink for me too.  One of them was in nice blue uniform.  Pilots were ok.  Using FLY UK livery on 737 800 (PMDG)

disco79stu

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2024, 09:13:12 am »
Same issue for me too....
Maybe when an airframe uses a custom cabin? ...

Edit: I can confirm, no issues with default cabin textures (e.g. Fenix House Colors livery).

« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 09:52:39 am by disco79stu »

disco79stu

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2024, 10:56:24 am »
This solved it for me (from the discord):

One thing to try is (when MSFS is not running! ):

Start the FSDT Installer, do an update Check first.

Go in the Config page, uncheck the Seated passengers for the Fenix.

After the checkmark goes away, re-enable the checkmark.

BE SURE you click the CLOSE button in the Config page!

If you change anything in the Seated passengers window, and exit the installer with the x icon or the Alt-F4 instead of the Close button, the various layout.json files for the liveries won't be updated, so MSFS won't know of the changed files, resulting in pink textures.

Also (from the manual):

Adding new Liveries

When you add a new Livery for a supported airplane, you MUST start the FSDT Installer again and enter the GSX Config page, to let GSX modify the airplane files for the Livery variation that has been just added. The list will pause for a few seconds, showing “Seated Passengers Loading”, while it’s scanning for your installed airplanes and newly added liveries.

livioita

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2024, 11:17:27 am »
Same here pink passengers and a big FPS drop with a lot of stutter.

Acesimulation

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2024, 11:18:55 am »
Im using an easyjet livery and the uniforms are not matching

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2024, 11:54:13 am »
Pink textures were caused by 3rd party liveries missing the airline code. It's fixed now if you start the Live Update again but, the proper solution would be contacting the author of the livery and ask to add the airline icao code because, if it's missing from the livery, but you have it on Simbrief, you WILL have mis-matching uniforms between the crew walking against the crew standing during flight.

Rafal

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2024, 12:23:27 pm »
It's fixed now if you start the Live Update again
Umberto, will the offline installer be updated one more time to implement this change?
I'm asking, because this is my only option, as both the FSDT Installer and Live update haven't worked for me for a long time (they are always hanging despite my having the Defender off).
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2024, 03:30:40 pm »
Yes, the Offline installer will be surely updated but, I want to be sure almost all unofficial liveries can be used.

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2024, 03:58:51 pm »
Pink textures were caused by 3rd party liveries missing the airline code. It's fixed now if you start the Live Update again but, the proper solution would be contacting the author of the livery and ask to add the airline icao code because, if it's missing from the livery, but you have it on Simbrief, you WILL have mis-matching uniforms between the crew walking against the crew standing during flight.

Hi Umberto.
I don't know it it's simple or even possible but in the next update can you make GSX check icao_airline line in aircraft.cfg and if it is blank or a non real airline (like mine which is COR) use the default crew?

Cheers.
Arslan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2024, 04:28:03 pm »
I don't know it it's simple or even possible but in the next update can you make GSX check icao_airline line in aircraft.cfg and if it is blank or a non real airline (like mine which is COR) use the default crew?

That's exactly how it works.

michaelsd44

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2024, 06:23:29 pm »
I have done the update but when I click on the config wheel, I get an error message and I do not see the option to turn on the seated passengers.  Error attached.