Author Topic: FSDT Live Update can not connect to the internet  (Read 1171 times)

bcm652

Re: FSDT Live Update can not connect to the internet
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2024, 01:48:08 am »
Are you saying that the FSDT Live Update is still not working after you ran the Couatl_updater2.
I wanted to make sure that you could connect to the internet and the update would update the FSDT LIVE UPDATE as well.
Do all of your GSX functions work now.
Couatl and Couatl -updater2 are two separate functions, even tho Couatl updater 2 needs Couatl to start the update function. I just wanted you to do a back door start to Couatl updater2 and it worked.
If live update still doesn't work, it may be corrupted and a total reload of GSX might be needed, I tried to crack virtuali's program for the live update and got nowhere.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 08:08:13 pm by bcm652 »

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2024, 09:55:30 pm »
Yes bcm652, that is true , after I run couatl_updater2, FSDT live update doesn’t work and send me the same window about possible problems with firewall or antivirus. After nothing happened, no other program or update was installed, and FSDT Live update stop working. You are suggesting a total uninstall and again a new installation? OMG. I had created hundreds of jetways in many airports. Please help to avoid that. 

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2024, 10:02:40 pm »
You are suggesting a total uninstall and again a new installation? OMG. I had created hundreds of jetways in many airports. Please help to avoid that.
Uninstalling GSX shouldn't impact your custom profiles, but if you really are concerned about it, just back them up and then do the re-install.
Captain Kevin

bcm652

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2024, 11:40:50 pm »
Yes bcm652, that is true , after I run couatl_updater2, FSDT live update doesn’t work and send me the same window about possible problems with firewall or antivirus. After nothing happened, no other program or update was installed, and FSDT Live update stop working. You are suggesting a total uninstall and again a new installation? OMG. I had created hundreds of jetways in many airports. Please help to avoid that.

There is one other thing to try, but it is a long shot. Delete the Couatil folder and then run the Couatil-updater2 and hopefully that will replace the Couatil folder with a new one. The updater2 will scan all files and update only the ones that need it. I'm hoping that it sees the missing folder and replaces it. I have never tried this before but it should work.
I hope virtuali reads this and gives us his opinion on whether it will work or not because it depends on how he writes his software. Otherwise my friend, you are totally on your own to experiment. If it doesn't work then a totally new install will have to be done. I've only done the re-install thing to fix a problem. It's your call if you want to wait for an opinion from virtuali, if you're not a 100% sure.
I'm curious as hell so please keep me posted.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2024, 11:52:42 pm by bcm652 »

Cmt_Mario Marques

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2024, 01:02:29 am »
Thank you guys for both help. Bcm I think I will wait a few days for one opinion from virtuali. In the end I will give you feedback, about the situation. Thanks again for your help.

bcm652

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2024, 01:25:03 am »
Good choice. My concern is the software in updater2 may not be instructed to look for the live update folder and then you would be hooped. I couldn't crack virtuali's software to read the instructions in updater2 and I couldn't replicate your problem on my computer because everything is working correctly. Good luck.

janjoensson

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2024, 08:26:30 am »
Hi!

I have the same problem from this week, not possible to use FSDT Updater and getting this anti-virus message. I have tried both running as admin and turning all anti-virus and fire walls off, but no change.

Best regards

Jan