Author Topic: msfs not installed  (Read 755 times)

rynatlike

msfs not installed
« on: May 31, 2024, 08:55:43 pm »
hello i had gsxpro for a while i couldnt download it so i just gave up but now i want to try again and when i tried to download gsxpro when i open my fsdtinstaller it says "msfs is not installed" i have tried opening msfs but it didnt help also the products wont show up so idk what to do

Update: i think i dont have Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe because i cant find i think that may be the problem but im not sure
« Last Edit: June 01, 2024, 10:53:33 pm by rynatlike »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: msfs not installed
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2024, 05:51:38 pm »
It is possible to log the installation this way:

Open a command prompt, which can be done by typing CMD (then Enter) on the Windows address bar

Assuming you installed in the default folder ( if you haven't, you MUST replace this command with your actual path ) type the following:

CD "C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager"

Again, adapt to your actual path if you changed it, and use double quotes if your path contains spaces

Now start the installer this way:

Couatl_Updater2 /INSTALLMODE /LOG

Run the install, and if it's still not installed at the end, exit and check for this file

LOG.TXT

Will if you did everything correctly, would have been created in the Addon Manager folder you were in.

ZIP the LOG.TXT file ( yes, ZIP IT!! ) and attach it to a post or send it by email to support, so I can see what's wrong with it.

rynatlike

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2024, 09:33:00 pm »
hello where do i run the Couatl_Updater2/INSTALLMODE/LOG  is it on the line where i typed 1 near it? and uh is it ok that i dont have Couatl64_boot.exe (i think i dont have it because windows cant find it)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2024, 09:35:42 pm by rynatlike »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2024, 01:09:05 am »
hello where do i run the Couatl_Updater2/INSTALLMODE/LOG  is it on the line where i typed 1 near it?

Please follow my previous instructions to the letter.

I never said to edit the link properties, and you are editing the ones for the wrong .exe anyway. Don't change anything in my instructions, and if something is not clearly, clarify precisely which step of my instructions is not clear and I'll try to explain it better.

rynatlike

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2024, 09:24:42 am »
Hello I am sorry but i dont get how to start the installer this way could you please explain

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2024, 03:35:53 pm »
I wrote you the precise, step by step instructions how to do that.

rynatlike

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2024, 09:26:20 pm »
hello sorry for the late reply i try to do it but it says this and also ive tried with admin perms and without

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2024, 05:15:24 pm »
hello sorry for the late reply i try to do it but it says this and also ive tried with admin perms and without

Your screenshot shows you haven't followed by instructions exactly, because you are in the Windows folder, which you shouldn't be, had you followed ALL steps without skipping anything.

rynatlike

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2024, 09:49:06 pm »
ive understood now idk how i was so stupid to miss the CD part before running the first command and the fsdt installer and liveupdate work now but anyway ive installed gsx and it isnt working i tried relinking and pressing the check button  but my gsx still wont work in the sim do i create a new post in the gsx support for msfs?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2024, 11:52:28 pm »
Please clarify "don't work in the sim".

rynatlike

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2024, 12:44:15 pm »
well in the fsdreamteam it shows that everything is downloaded correctly but in the sim theres no sing of gsx whatsoever

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2024, 02:40:38 pm »
You mean the FSDT Installer now shows "Installed" in green, but you don't have the GSX menu in the Toolbar?

rynatlike

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2024, 04:15:39 pm »
exactly.