Author Topic: Making GSX working in my own new airports  (Read 763 times)

Toninomex

Making GSX working in my own new airports
« on: March 27, 2024, 01:13:22 am »
Hello:

I would like to ask about the steps of making GSX work in my own airports.  GSX doesn´t even give me the chance to make a new profile it only says that has no available navdata information and I have read many posts here without having much information.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Making GSX working in my own new airports
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 01:42:12 am »
A common cause for this problem is making a new scenery that has been configured to remove all taxiway and parking data, but then supply only parking spots without a new network of taxiways connected to those parking, which is clearly an error, and that scenery will have problems with AI for sure. In fact, I don't even think it's possible to do that anymore, since the DevMode editor will prevent you from compiling such scenery. Are you may be using other tools to create it?

Toninomex

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 05:28:03 pm »
I make a lot of "own airports" where they have no AI traffic.

You tell me. Remember when you could program where to place your GSX trucks in FSX ? that was awesome because everything depends on the aircraft giving the flexibility of adding services in any place.

Can you consider the option of giving us that capability? it will be just awesome, having the chance to choose offers always better chances of success at any tool. don´t you think?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 09:36:18 am »
I really don't know what you are asking from GSX. The only sure thing, an airport with no taxiway layout is not legal in the SDK, regardless of if you are interested in having AI or not. GSX simply cannot work without a proper taxiway network where all parking spots and runways and service paths are connected and reachable.

Basically, it needs a proper airport.

Toninomex

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2024, 12:57:01 am »
I was asking for a FSX interphase where we didn´t need the connected network that now we need.

Now, after reading your answer I can make a "proper airport" with taxi and service path connects... what does GSX need to recognize it?

It will have a unique icao as it might be private.

At the moment my airports are recognizable by the SDK Dev scenery tool, I can play on them, and see them on the MSFS menu.

One thing is to receive the "isolated" message... (which I understand is related to your answer) and another thing is to receive the "no nav data for this airport" message.

If you tell me once taxi paths are taxiways are connected, GSX will recognize the nav data and be able to work, then I can spend time adding service paths which is what at this time my airports don´t have. But what I don't want is to spend time on adding this services path and at the end keep having the "no nav data for this airport message".

Did I make myself clear?

Thank you in adavance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2024, 11:22:39 pm »
At the moment my airports are recognizable by the SDK Dev scenery tool, I can play on them, and see them on the MSFS menu.

Your airport is not fully legal, no matter if you can see it or not.

One thing is to receive the "isolated" message... (which I understand is related to your answer) and another thing is to receive the "no nav data for this airport" message.

Of course they are different things:

- A message about an isolated parking means the parking you are currently located on is not connected to a taxiway path, found in an airport that on a first sight, it formally correct, and might have other non-isolated parking spots. Sure, it might be possible that ALL parking spots are isolated, making the airport unusable as well but, since some parking spots have been found, and a taxiway layout has been found, the airport won't be *immediately* rejected and you'll see this message, because GSX assumes that other parking spots MIGHT not be isolated.

- A message about no nav data for the airport, means the airport doesn't even *have* the minimum requirement for GSX to work, which is at least two parking spots and a taxiway layout.

But what I don't want is to spend time on adding this services path and at the end keep having the "no nav data for this airport message".

You want the airport to be compatible with GSX? Then you need to do that.