Author Topic: Scripting Error Message in the Fly The Maddog X  (Read 2684 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Scripting Error Message in the Fly The Maddog X
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2024, 01:58:17 pm »
I don't understand that. It's seems to me if that solves the problem, one of the support team members should have posted that here. At least, that is their job. Here's what irritates me. Not one support team member has offered to answer the questions posted here as to what is causing the problem and when the problem will be fixed. Not one person. We're just out here in the dark discussing this issue and I'm very irritated that the support team just ignores our questions and won't tell us what's happening.
And by support team, you mean Umberto? Because as far as I have seen, he's the only one from FSDreamteam who actually responds to stuff here. Additionally, your initial post was on Friday night, and it is Monday morning now. I don't know how often he responds over the weekend.
Captain Kevin

jmlucia

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2024, 02:39:26 pm »
Before publishing I already performed that procedure twice. No positive results.
I published this problem on April 2 (Tuesday)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 02:43:38 pm by jmlucia »

moshwing

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2024, 03:58:05 pm »
[Update: I've completely uninstalled GSX and ran the most recent installer from fsdreamteam main page together with the updates (usually runs right after installation is complete).
After testing I no longer receive scripting errors.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Hope it works for you as well

I don't understand that. It's seems to me if that solves the problem, one of the support team members should have posted that here. At least, that is their job. Here's what irritates me. Not one support team member has offered to answer the questions posted here as to what is causing the problem and when the problem will be fixed. Not one person. We're just out here in the dark discussing this issue and I'm very irritated that the support team just ignores our questions and won't tell us what's happening.

Ken.
[/quote]

Correction: it appears that once you actually activate GSX, you'll get a script error again. so the issue resolves the startup of maddog X, but upon actual use it will fail. in short, back to square one!

kmanning

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2024, 11:19:26 pm »
And by support team, you mean Umberto? Because as far as I have seen, he's the only one from FSDreamteam who actually responds to stuff here. Additionally, your initial post was on Friday night, and it is Monday morning now. I don't know how often he responds over the weekend.

Hi Kevin,
I've always thought that there were about 4 or 5 support teams other than Umberto. Is this not the place to come to get help and get our problems solved? I just want to know why I'm having this problem all of a sudden and cannot use GSX when flying the Maddog X. The problem started last week when I ran the live update and ever since then, the script engine shuts down every time I load the Maddog X. From what I've read here, I've ran the live update again but it made no difference. When the problem is fixed, will Umberto announce that here in this post?

Ken.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 12:11:36 am by kmanning »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 03:10:13 am »
Hi Kevin,
I've always thought that there were about 4 or 5 support teams other than Umberto. Is this not the place to come to get help and get our problems solved? I just want to know why I'm having this problem all of a sudden and cannot use GSX when flying the Maddog X. The problem started last week when I ran the live update and ever since then, the script engine shuts down every time I load the Maddog X. From what I've read here, I've ran the live update again but it made no difference. When the problem is fixed, will Umberto announce that here in this post?
Forum is the correct place, yes, short of actually e-mailing them. I have no idea why you would be having issues. I also have no clue of who they have available for support, but during the time I've been here, I've only ever seen Umberto respond. The only time I ever really respond is if it's something simple that I know how to solve, otherwise I just don't.
Captain Kevin

kmanning

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2024, 03:54:55 am »
Forum is the correct place, yes, short of actually e-mailing them. I have no idea why you would be having issues. I also have no clue of who they have available for support, but during the time I've been here, I've only ever seen Umberto respond. The only time I ever really respond is if it's something simple that I know how to solve, otherwise I just don't.

I don't understand why Umberto is not aware of this. I'm not the only one having this problem. Have you not read that that are many here that are having the exact same problem as I am, including in this thread? The message says that the addon, which is apparently the Maddog X, is causing the script engine to restart, but it never restarts when I click YES. I get the same message again and prompts me to run the error log. I have attached that error log in my post. One is the diagnostic and the other is the panic log. The panic log is in one of my replied post in this thread. The GSX menu has disappeared and pressing the CTRL+F12 key no longer works. There are several people in this thread that are having the exact same problem. Everything was working fine until I ran the Live Update and that's when the problem started. After the Maddog X has completely loaded, here's the message I'm getting:

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please run Live Update.
Do you want to open log to see error details?

All I ask is that I get support about my problem. I can't see how Umberto would not know about this when it's being posted just about everyday for the past few days. I paid for this product and I should get support when it's not working properly. I just don't understand why Umberto is not aware of this, or if he is aware of this and working on it. I don't know what's going on and I'm just  in the dark about everything because I haven't heard anything from Umberto. I and many others have attached an error log proving that this is a problem and I'm very upset about this that I can't get any support regarding this issue. 

Ken.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 04:31:08 am by kmanning »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2024, 07:01:48 am »
I don't understand why Umberto is not aware of this. I'm not the only one having this problem. Have you not read that that are many here that are having the exact same problem as I am, including in this thread? The message says that the addon, which is apparently the Maddog X, is causing the script engine to restart, but it never restarts when I click YES. I get the same message again and prompts me to run the error log. I have attached that error log in my post. One is the diagnostic and the other is the panic log. The panic log is in one of my replied post in this thread. The GSX menu has disappeared and pressing the CTRL+F12 key no longer works. There are several people in this thread that are having the exact same problem. Everything was working fine until I ran the Live Update and that's when the problem started. After the Maddog X has completely loaded, here's the message I'm getting:

The addon <unknown> is causing the Couatl Scripting Engine to restart. Please run Live Update.
Do you want to open log to see error details?

All I ask is that I get support about my problem. I can't see how Umberto would not know about this when it's being posted just about everyday for the past few days. I paid for this product and I should get support when it's not working properly. I just don't understand why Umberto is not aware of this, or if he is aware of this and working on it. I don't know what's going on and I'm just  in the dark about everything because I haven't heard anything from Umberto. I and many others have attached an error log proving that this is a problem and I'm very upset about this that I can't get any support regarding this issue.
It looks like the last time Umberto was on the forum was the 3rd, so I'm guessing that's why he isn't aware of it. I've seen the posts, but I'm not really sure what you want me to do about it, given that I'm just a customer like yourself. If I look at the log that you posted, I literally have no idea what I'm reading, so I definitely won't be of any use here.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2024, 08:48:23 am »
At least, that is their job. Here's what irritates me.

"Job" being the keyword here. You opened this thread on April 6th, during a weekend so no, nobody is expected to ALWAYS do "his job", on EVERY weekend and it's just wrong to demand that.

Of course, the issue HAS been fixed, and it HAS been replied to as well today:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31462.msg200473.html#msg200473
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:03:18 am by virtuali »

kmanning

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2024, 09:53:48 am »
"Job" being the keyword here. You opened this thread on April 6th, during a weekend so no, nobody is expected to ALWASY do "his job", on EVERY weekend and it's just wrong to demand that.
Of course, the issue HAS been fixed, and it HAS been replied to as well today:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31462.msg200473.html#msg200473

Umberto,

I was never demanding. Thanks for your help and I'm glad the problem is fixed.

Ken.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:04:01 am by kmanning »

kmanning

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2024, 10:01:51 am »
It looks like the last time Umberto was on the forum was the 3rd, so I'm guessing that's why he isn't aware of it. I've seen the posts, but I'm not really sure what you want me to do about it, given that I'm just a customer like yourself. If I look at the log that you posted, I literally have no idea what I'm reading, so I definitely won't be of any use here.

Hi Kevin,

I didn't expect you to explain anything about my issue since you didn't understand what's going on. You did the right thing. I also read the log but I didn't understand it either. Thanks for your help.

Ken.