Author Topic: MSFS Crashing  (Read 522 times)

Kimchi

MSFS Crashing
« on: April 03, 2024, 08:43:10 pm »
I use Justflight FS Traffic together with PMDG and GSX. Yesterday my first crash since i flown the PMDG twice around the world.  I pressed the jetway button and MSFS froze completely. I had to exit by CTRL ALT DEL.
After that first crash i updated GSX again and tried again. That time MSFS froze after being told to release the parking brake. Nothing responded anymore and i had to exit with CTRL ALT DEL.
Tried twice after that and i uninstalled GSX and guess what...MSFS runs like a charm. Another thing i noticed is that airports are finally filled with AI traffic from FStraffic. Allthough GSX was setup to avoid clutter.
Anyways, there is something wrong with GSX, hope you can fix it. Till then, no GSX for me. But hey...i allready paid huh.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: MSFS Crashing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 09:58:46 am »
GSX cannot crash the sim, this is not open to debate, you can see the explanation here, which includes the means to use the Event Viewer to confirm the sim crashed before GSX and *made it crash* instead:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31298.msg199687.html#msg199687

However, since you just FS Traffic, it's very possible the COMBINATION of the two might have resulted in the maximum number of objects being reached, and this might cause all sort of issues, from disappearing objects, to Simconnect completely locked, to the sim eventually crashing.

FS Traffic has an option to remove all ground services on AI airplanes, this might help keeping the maximum number of objects under control. And of course, reducing AI traffic density will also help.