Author Topic: The Hornet's Nest - FSX Hornet Repaints by Ray Gagnon  (Read 19753 times)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
The Hornet's Nest - FSX Hornet Repaints by Ray Gagnon
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:22:58 am »
I just wanted to announce the grand opening of "The Hornet's Nest" - a repository of FSX Hornet repaints by Ray Gagnon.

This site was graciously constructed by Matt Webber and features photos and downloads of the thirty or so repaints I have done for the FSX Acceleration Pack F/A-18C Hornet. These repaints were carefully reproduced from photos of actual aircraft and represent real world as well as some fictitious squadrons.

Come over and check us out at:

http://www.wix.com/svicar/THEHORNETSNEST
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:12:58 am by svicar »
Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

JamesChams

Re: The Hornet's Nest - FSX Hornet Repaints by Ray Gagnon
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:45:39 am »
Thank you for sharing your talents, through these FREE downloads...  8)

Just wanted to get confirmation, perhaps from Virtuali as well; but, I believe the Acceleration F/A-18 is representative of the A model; are your repaint specifically from only C models squadrons?  But, they are being used as if they were on a C Models but in reality, its an A Model, right?

PS: (Forum Users) Just wanted clarification; NOT a Flaming war debate or any of Virtuali's favorite "YAPD's." ;D

Thanks for sharing, again! :)

Edit: (FYI) the "VFA-83 Rampagers.zip" download link is broken on the file-sharing host site.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 06:07:32 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

skimmer

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 07:07:56 am »
Hi James, I just added the VFA-82 and it looks greaaat. :)

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 07:38:44 am »

Just wanted to get confirmation, perhaps from Virtuali as well; but, I believe the Acceleration F/A-18 is representative of the A model; are your repaint specifically from only C models squadrons?  But, they are being used as if they were on a C Models but in reality, its an A Model, right?

Edit: (FYI) the "VFA-83 Rampagers.zip" download link is broken on the file-sharing host site.

Many thanks for your kind words. In regards to your question, I'm embarassed to say I'm not sure. I assumed that because of the default description text in the aircraft.cfg that it is the "C" variant but as I say I'm not entirely sure. I know that the RCAF uses the "A" variant but that's as far as my limited knowledge goes.

Also, thanks for pointing out the broken link. I'll see that it's corrected asap
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 07:42:26 am by svicar »

skimmer

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:16:20 pm »
svicar,just a ? Do you take specific repaint requests? What i'm getting at is I've been looking for a paint of a squad that uses a tophat for its logo. Also i'm wondering if you can personalize with like my name next to cockpit on outside of plane. Just thought i'd take a shot in the dark with these ? Maybe you can tell me how to get started on something like that. These paints that you have done really are nice, good solid colors and sharp lettering.   Thank you for the fun ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 09:36:19 pm »
Just wanted to get confirmation, perhaps from Virtuali as well; but, I believe the Acceleration F/A-18 is representative of the A model

Yes, it's the A model. The differences between A and C are mainly in the avionics: the C has digital fuel indicators instead of rotating drums (which we think are way cooler to model and to see in action), a color center MFD (A it's all monochrome) and a better radar with more choice of weapons. I think also A models can be upgraded to C models. Engines and externals are the same.

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 01:38:16 am »
svicar,just a ? Do you take specific repaint requests? What i'm getting at is I've been looking for a paint of a squad that uses a tophat for its logo. Also i'm wondering if you can personalize with like my name next to cockpit on outside of plane. Just thought i'd take a shot in the dark with these ? Maybe you can tell me how to get started on something like that. These paints that you have done really are nice, good solid colors and sharp lettering.   Thank you for the fun ;D

Yes, I do requests and yes I can add your name below the canopy. In fact when I do request work it's my custom to ask just that. If you would like some repaint work done, just email some photo examples of what you would like ( svicar@live.ca ) and we can go from there.

Just wanted to get confirmation, perhaps from Virtuali as well; but, I believe the Acceleration F/A-18 is representative of the A model

Yes, it's the A model. The differences between A and C are mainly in the avionics: the C has digital fuel indicators instead of rotating drums (which we think are way cooler to model and to see in action), a color center MFD (A it's all monochrome) and a better radar with more choice of weapons. I think also A models can be upgraded to C models. Engines and externals are the same.

And thanks, Virtuali, for the info. I was wondering about the differences between the variants.

skimmer

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2010, 08:47:17 pm »
svicar,thats great,really! I will begin research on pics today and get it to you by useing the email you just provided. ;D ;D ;D ;D  Please give me a day or two.
                                                                                THANK YOU
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 08:50:49 pm by skimmer »

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 04:24:55 pm »
Fellas...

Behold Ray's great work.  This is what the Sludge Hornet is SUPPOSED to look like!!  Hardcore, in the mud, turnin'-n-burnin', Marine Corps Hornet.

Later
Sludge

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2010, 06:59:06 pm »
Got that right ;D

neutrino

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »
Fellas...

Behold Ray's great work.  This is what the Sludge Hornet is SUPPOSED to look like!!  Hardcore, in the mud, turnin'-n-burnin', Marine Corps Hornet.

Later
Sludge

That's awesome work Ray, totally nailed it, very realistic looking - I guess up to now we all flew Hornets that just got out of the factory  ;D

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »
BTW...

When the Sludge Hornet v1.1 comes out (at least a couple weeks away), this will be the fifth Sludge Hornet aircraft paint.  While we are at a pause in getting the collimated HUD done (technical hold-ups), I might as well work on a FULL SIZED Sludge Hornet release with all the gauges (BlackBox and others, since we have all permissions), a minor tweak (1.4 on parasite drag to give a bit more top end; it is a clean Hornet after all), reworked fa-18.air file (landing gear/flap drag values reversed; spoiler drag increased), FSXNP's Sound Pack, and this new realistic bad &*$ paint.

Again, thanks to Ray for his great repaint work.

Later
Sludge

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »
Many thanks, all. It was a pleasure to do. ;D

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »
Will this be the GRUNGE package. Very nice. Seems like the SLUDGE will be a great release.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2010, 03:10:29 am »
Spaz...

Yeah, its definately looking that way isnt it?!

Here ya go, feast on these new tanking pictures I took with the "grunge" Sludge Hornet.

Later
Sludge