Author Topic: Can't find Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS  (Read 1090 times)

Justus

Can't find Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS
« on: March 10, 2024, 06:26:36 pm »
Hi,
I'm trying to install airport profiles however I can't find the MSFS folder as well as the aircraft folder. I did modify a few airport positions before, so I thought that the folders should be existing.
Thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't find Roaming\virtuali\GSX\MSFS
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2024, 11:25:46 pm »
The correct folders are:

Airport profiles:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS

Airplane profiles
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes

Typing this exactly, including the two % signs, will open your local roaming folder whenever it is, that's why it's the easier way to find it because, even if it's USUALLY located here:

C:\Users\YOURNAME\Appdata\Roaming

You then need to explain that YOURNAME is your Windows account name and, while the user profiles are USUALLY in C:\Users, that's not really 100% sure in some cases, so we always say %APPDATA% instead, which ensure the correct folder will always be found, no further explanation required.

Now, assuming you found the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, which should always be there after installing GSX, it's possible you are missing one or both folder profiles, more precisely:

- If you never installed an Airport profile before, it's normal you might not have the GSX\MSFS folder yet, or it might be empty. If you don't have it, just create it. It will also be created automatically the first time you change something on the airport configuration page, because a new profile (if the airport was never customized before) will be automatically created there, and the folder will as well, if it's not there.

- If you never installed an Airplane profile before, it's normal you might not have the AIRPLANES folder yet, or it might be empty. In this case, the airplane profile (the GSX.CFG file) should be inside a subfolder that has the same name as the airplane "root" folder, the one that contains the aircraft.cfg file, as seen in Simobjects\Airplanes folder inside the airplane package. The airplane profile should stay in a folder named like that. Same as with airports, the first time you change something on the Airplane configuration page in GSX, it will create a new folder with a GSX.CFG file in it.