Author Topic: Can I shorten the loading process?  (Read 1113 times)

Abraxas

Can I shorten the loading process?
« on: January 04, 2023, 08:42:44 am »
In my installation all Jetways and all Airport Sevices are disabled in the configuration. When I start MSFS in the store version with GSX Pro linked it takes 7 minutes and 15 seconds until the start screen appears.
When GSX Pro is unlinked the same process takes 1 minute and 45 seconds.
I only need the Pushback Tug and the Marshal that instructs me on parking from GSX Pro, I can do without the rest in favor of an acceptable load time. My question, is there any way for me to remove the parts of GSX Pro that are unnecessary for me?
Thanks Stefan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can I shorten the loading process?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 06:42:34 pm »
I just tried timing my startup, and I've got the following results, from clicking the icon, to when the Main Menu appears:

- Empty Community folder - 2.30
- Only GSX linked - 3:13
- Many addons, no GSX - 4:10
- Many addons and GSX - 4:54

So, it seems that, at least on my system, GSX adds about 43-44 seconds to the overall load time. However, it's difficult to say if, over a certain amount of add-ons ( I don't have that many, but I do have some that adds lots of objects, like FSLTL ), the time taken by GSX might start to increase, when in my case it was linear.

In any case, what you are asking is not possible, all GSX objects are pretty much interdependent from each other, in order to be as efficient as possible with the textures size, so they have very complex dependencies, to be sure textures are not wasted, so they are reused on many objects as much as possible, meaning if you remove something you might not think it's important, it might have a massive impact on the things you need.

Also, even if you only use Pushback and Marhallers, GSX will still have to prepare the gate with all required objects, so it will cause errors if any of them are missing.

zebraleet

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 05:42:33 pm »
Any plans or is it even possible to improve this? I timed it on my system and GSX increases the load time by 52 seconds. Samsung 990 Pro NVME SSD.

GSX unlinked: 1m 06s
GSX linked: 1m 58s

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 08:07:42 pm »
Any plans or is it even possible to improve this? I timed it on my system and GSX increases the load time by 52 seconds. Samsung 990 Pro NVME SSD.

That's a perfectly normal result and it's in line with my previous test.

As discussed in many other threads, you can shorten the loading time quite a bit, by disabling ALL "AirportService" files. This will result in less accurate operators for **DEFAULT** Ground Vehicles ( those servicing AIs or wandering around the airport ). GSX operations will not change so, if you really can't stand just 52 seconds of extra loading time, that might be an option.

zebraleet

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 09:47:15 pm »

That's a perfectly normal result and it's in line with my previous test.

As discussed in many other threads, you can shorten the loading time quite a bit, by disabling ALL "AirportService" files. This will result in less accurate operators for **DEFAULT** Ground Vehicles ( those servicing AIs or wandering around the airport ). GSX operations will not change so, if you really can't stand just 52 seconds of extra loading time, that might be an option.

Thank you!