Author Topic: Gsx has been disabled on this airport by user settings  (Read 661 times)

Justus

Gsx has been disabled on this airport by user settings
« on: March 01, 2024, 06:24:18 pm »
Hi there,

I've had this issue for the whole time since I've received the addon. When I start a flight I get the message "Gsx has been disabled on this airport by user settings" and I tried reinstalling it a couple of times (first clean installed it via windows control panel). That also did not help sadly, even while not having installed any other third party addons. Sometimes it works after running live update but only for that one exact flight, so it doesn't work if I change aircraft and load into an airport again. I never deactivated it for any airports, however the installer shows airports disabled, but these aren't the only airports that I get the issue where gsx has been disabled. Also if I ran the live update I have to start couatl by myself and sometimes still does not work.

I'll try to respond as fast as possible if there is any other information regarding my issue that is required.

Thanks in advance :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gsx has been disabled on this airport by user settings
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024, 04:48:28 pm »
Is your user account in Windows one with limited permissions? If yes, you have two options:

1) Change the Properties for the \Addon manager\Couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.EXE to run As Admin. This will have the side effect that MSFS would likely stop loading it automatically, so you will have to start it manually from its Desktop icon.

2) Activate the product as a limited user, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.msg187338.html#msg187338

This is probably the best solution.

Justus

Re: Gsx has been disabled on this airport by user settings
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 05:43:39 pm »
Hi, thanks a lot for the help, the first option did the job!