Author Topic: I want to deboard after I selected a parking spot myself.  (Read 683 times)

Cumulonimbus1991

I want to deboard after I selected a parking spot myself.
« on: February 20, 2024, 04:54:49 pm »
Hello,

In this scenario, after I exited the runway, I taxied to a parking spot myself and I was happy there.
Then when I opened GSX, it still wanted me to pick a parking spot. I don't want that, because I was happy where I was. Also I had no idea which parking spot I was on so selecting the correct one (out of like 30) was not a good option either.
I couldn't deboard now! It wouldn't let me go back to the main menu, even after restarting couatl.

Anything I can do here?

Thanks!

See here for a screenshot of the situation:
https://imgur.com/a/pyZ3rQt

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: I want to deboard after I selected a parking spot myself.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 02:33:36 am »
Which scenery is this. Only thing I can think of is the scenery doesn't have that particular spot as an actual spot, so GSX likewise wouldn't recognize it as a spot.
Captain Kevin

Just Caliber

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 05:24:50 am »
GSX reads what are called AFCADS (that's what their called in FSX/P3D) which has all the airport data used by GSX and other addons. If you know what you're doing, you can add spots in the scenery in Developer mode but I have no idea how to do that lol.

What I do is just take the closest stand and just move it to where I want the parking spot to be. For example, RomanDesign's Ottawa, I operate the iniBuilds A310 often doing RCAF heavy transport runs. Near a hanger is where they service the aircraft and there is no parking spot there. I just moved the parking spot that was inside the hanger to where I wanted it and set everything how I like it and it works perfectly. Only issue is you can't spawn directly into that custom spot. You would have to either slew, or use GSX to teleport yourself there.

Cumulonimbus1991

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 10:00:12 am »
Which scenery is this. Only thing I can think of is the scenery doesn't have that particular spot as an actual spot, so GSX likewise wouldn't recognize it as a spot.

It's just some freeware stuff. But I get what you're saying, it needs to think I'm on a parking spot. I'll try to work with this, sounds like theoretically I should be able to park my plane anywhere I want and then edit the airport layout in GSX to make that spot a parking spot. I'll try! Thanks!

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 01:52:28 pm »
It's just some freeware stuff. But I get what you're saying, it needs to think I'm on a parking spot. I'll try to work with this, sounds like theoretically I should be able to park my plane anywhere I want and then edit the airport layout in GSX to make that spot a parking spot. I'll try! Thanks!
Not quite correct. GSX reads the AFCAD for the airport, and it's the AFCAD file that determines what the airport layout is, which includes runways, taxiways, and parking positions. If you use AI traffic when flying offline, it's how the AI traffic knows where everything is. Likewise, this is what GSX uses to know where things are. In P3D and FSX, one would use Airport Design Editor to edit the AFCAD files. I'm not sure if it works in MSFS, but it would be the only way to edit the airport layout.
Captain Kevin