Author Topic: 2.9.2 Couatl64_MSFS.exe is broken  (Read 728 times)

RainerB

2.9.2 Couatl64_MSFS.exe is broken
« on: February 25, 2024, 11:18:12 am »
Hi,
I just updatetd to the 2.9.2 GSX Version. Now I get the error msg:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\Couatl64_MSFS.exe
The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.

My Antivirus settins is the "Addon Manager" directory on the expection list.
I alreade deinstfalled GSX und reinstalled
Also I hade made the "Check" done over the FSDT Universal Installer.

When I check this file I see the Filesize is only 4kb the couatl64_P3D.exe has 8.356kb.
I think in your installation Packge from 2.9.2 is the  Couatl64_MSFS.exe corrupt. Can you ceck this.

thanks in Advanced

Rainer Brinkschulte

Hans K

Re: 2.9.2 Couatl64_MSFS.exe is broken
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 01:02:14 pm »
Hello Rainer,

This morning I updated GSX Pro to 2.9.2 and I can confirm that it is functioning as before: all OK.
So I think the download packadge is OK as well.

Hans Kolkman

canadagoose

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 08:19:59 pm »
This version of GSX continues to NOT Load for me. I have no access to GSX even though "Couatl" appears in my Sys Tray. Also Couatl does not run when I double click the icon on my desktop.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 08:23:37 pm by canadagoose »

glc100o

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2024, 10:24:01 pm »
Have you tried using the offline installer?
Some people report that the FSDT installer offers a new update, but if the release notes for the update are not visible, the update is not distributed to your node, and that might cause a problem with an update not working.
 No other add on for MSFS has this issue of updates being available but not fully distributed, but maybe its because of the huge size of the updates with GSX.

In my case I have not updated because the release notes are still not in synch with the update version more than 24 hours later.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2024, 11:08:16 am »
In my case I have not updated because the release notes are still not in synch with the update version more than 24 hours later.

Maybe because you haven't pressed F5 on the Update page?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 11:10:54 am »
When I check this file I see the Filesize is only 4kb the couatl64_P3D.exe has 8.356kb.
I think in your installation Packge from 2.9.2 is the  Couatl64_MSFS.exe corrupt. Can you ceck this.

Of course the Couatl64_MSFS.exe we have online is not corrupted. This small filesize looks as it might be downloaded as an Html file so, try to rename it with an Html extension and see if it opens with the browser.

Some antivirus gets very creative about this, but the top of madness has been reached by some broadband routers "security" (bugged) feature, which blocked the download and replaced it with an html page saying our site offers gambling...

RainerB

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2024, 05:43:55 pm »
 Hi,
Thanks for the Tip with the html extension. I had made only an Exception to the Programm Path in my Anti Virus Programm but I didn't hdt the exception for the Site http://update.virtualisoftware.com/*
Adding this to my Antivirus Program, now the update works.

Rainer

glc100o

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2024, 10:40:24 pm »

Maybe because you haven't pressed F5 on the Update page?

Still had not updated the release notes today, so I pressed F5 and voila, there they wer and I successfully updated. Thanks for the tip.