Author Topic: "Z" (Down Key) Not Working  (Read 810 times)

krouner

"Z" (Down Key) Not Working
« on: February 13, 2024, 05:30:46 pm »
Hello,

When adding passengers to airports for boarding and exiting, the "Z" (down) key is not working. The "Q" key for moving up does work.

Thanks!
KRouner

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: "Z" (Down Key) Not Working
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 06:52:41 pm »
Just to be clear, you didn't reassign or delete any key assignments for slew commands, did you. GSX customization does use the slew commands under the assumption that you didn't change anything with those commands.
Captain Kevin

krouner

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 07:31:40 pm »
I may have inadvertently. Do you know which key this is assigned to?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2024, 11:20:09 pm »
I do not. I didn't even know the Z or Q keys even got used at all.
Captain Kevin

krouner

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2024, 11:03:51 pm »
Thanks for trying. Those keys are used if you are adding passengers beyond the jetway. If you have an airport where you can see inside, thru windows, or a plane is on the tarmac, you can add passengers going into, out of, and thru the terminal. In the "customize airport positions" screen, select Customize by the passenger waypoints. A blue marker will appear by your plane. Use the arrow keys to move the marker where you want the passengers to walk to, the "Q" or "Z" key to adjust the height. Use the F6 key to place another marker to create a path.  It's pretty neat ands just one more aspect to the simulation. I hope I explained it correctly.

krouner

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2024, 11:11:27 pm »
Back to my issue. I checked my assigned slew keys and the Z key is assigned to move the plane down. I checked in slew mode and it works. I uninstalled and reinstalled GSX and the Z key still does not work when working in the Customizing Airport Position/Passenger Waypoints. I found an article concerning this and the PMDG autopilot. I changed the Z key in PMDG and in P3Dv5. Z key still does not work to move down while working in GSX. It does work in regular slew mode.

KRouner
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 03:24:38 pm by krouner »

krouner

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2024, 06:40:46 pm »
Found the issue. The Z key was set for "Slew Down" in P3d. I changed it to "Slew Down Slowly". Works perfect!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 06:45:45 pm by krouner »