Author Topic: GSX Menu not loading and stuck on Pushback  (Read 1139 times)

altenae

GSX Menu not loading and stuck on Pushback
« on: March 26, 2023, 02:14:02 pm »
GSX Menu not loading and stuck on Pushback (Quickedit).

So tried 5 times and 5 times the same issue which resulted in stop and start of the sim.

When pushback is requested 50 procent of the time I have the option nose left or right etc.
The other times there is only 100m backwards or Quickedit.
Why is the nose left or right not always available ?

So then when using Quickedit the party is over.
GSX Menu will not load anymore keeps saying "Loading FSX menu please wait" and the screen is stuck for ever.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu not loading and stuck on Pushback
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 12:19:14 pm »
I tried it just now, and I can't reproduce it.

When pushback is requested 50 procent of the time I have the option nose left or right etc. The other times there is only 100m backwards or Quickedit. Why is the nose left or right not always available ?

It's not obviously "random", it depends on the Pushback preference set in the scenery, the manual explains that, Page 29:

Straight Pushback Distance
Some sceneries have all their parking positions Pushback preference set to “None”. Even in this case, GSX will always offer at least one choice of a “Straight Pushback”

Having said that, are you noticing this problem everywhere ( meaning when you DO have Left/Right available), or just when Straight pushback and Quick Edit are the only available options ?

You can change this, either by changing the Pushback preference in the airport customization page for a specific gate on a specific airport, but there's also a global setting you can change if you want to always have Left/Right available, even if the scenery set it to None, explained at Page 31:

Always ask for Pushback
This option will enabled Pushback, globally, even if the Pushback preference in any specific airport has been set to “None”, and will always assume “Both” directions are always available

SelcukZeren

• POYRAZ VA
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2024, 01:53:45 pm »
I'm having the same problem and I'm looking for a solution. We paid $30 and we don't have to go through this. Loading, please wait, we have waited for 3 hours, what more can we wait for? What's the solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2024, 04:25:37 pm »
I'm having the same problem and I'm looking for a solution. We paid $30 and we don't have to go through this. Loading, please wait, we have waited for 3 hours, what more can we wait for? What's the solution?

The problem doesn't obviously normally happen but, if it happens to you, the solution has been explained so many times in different ways and places:

- Select the Couatl icon from the Traybar notification area

- Select "Restart" and WAIT a bit, like 10 seconds, to let it complete loading.

- Open the GSX menu again.

If you don't find the Couatl icon on the Traybar notification area anymore, it means it must have crashed. So in this case, you should report the error with a log, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.0.html

The log should be active and made after it crashed, and BEFORE restarting it, otherwise we'll miss the eventual error, because restarting will clear the last log.