Author Topic: GSX stutter after selecting gate  (Read 651 times)

kavs8

GSX stutter after selecting gate
« on: January 24, 2024, 04:01:42 am »
Hello,

Firstly many thanks for the product it works flawlessly for me outside one painful issue. Only when I call on GSX (select a gate during taxi after landing, or selecting services when spawning at a gate), whilst loading GSX will stutter - Once it has done so there are zero other issues.

Is there a way to remove this loading lag/stutter? It only occurs as it loads objects.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX stutter after selecting gate
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2024, 11:15:52 am »
Well, it's of course completely normal you'll see a loading pause when several objects are loaded, nothing we can do about it, it's the way the simulator creates new object.

Of course, the *amount* of the stuttering is heavily dependent on how much your simulator is already taxed, and how much your VRAM is already filled. If it's close to exhaustion, the video drivers will have to do more work to accomodate the new textures and models being uploaded to an already almost full video card, so the stuttering will be worse. But it will never be null, there will always be some delay when creating objects.

kavs8

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2024, 11:32:47 am »
Well, it's of course completely normal you'll see a loading pause when several objects are loaded, nothing we can do about it, it's the way the simulator creates new object.

Of course, the *amount* of the stuttering is heavily dependent on how much your simulator is already taxed, and how much your VRAM is already filled. If it's close to exhaustion, the video drivers will have to do more work to accomodate the new textures and models being uploaded to an already almost full video card, so the stuttering will be worse. But it will never be null, there will always be some delay when creating objects.

I upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB, MSFS performance has improved significantly but the GSX load time did not change, is there a way of devoting more resources to reduce the severity of the stutter? I do understand there will be some lag as objects are loaded.

Thank you for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2024, 11:36:39 am »
I upgraded my RAM from 16GB to 32GB, MSFS performance has improved significantly but the GSX load time did not change

The reason I used the term VRAM, was precisely to make it clear that system RAM won't have much effect on this.

is there a way of devoting more resources to reduce the severity of the stutter? I do understand there will be some lag as objects are loaded.

That would be a question for MS/Asobo. We just ask the sim to create some objects. What happens next, it's not under our control.