Author Topic: GSX PRO crashes when i try to input my simbrief alias  (Read 807 times)

jogabs

GSX PRO crashes when i try to input my simbrief alias
« on: January 12, 2024, 08:41:14 pm »
My GSX keeps crashing when my simbrief username is input. When i open it again nothing is show in the simbrief username field. It crashes even trying to get the panic log to work so the only file i can attach is the couatl.err that i put here in txt.

jogabs

Re: GSX PRO crashes when i try to input my simbrief alias
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 03:19:22 am »
Still waiting for some help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 11:40:36 am »
Your log is not useful, because it shows a restart AFTER the error.

Since you said GSX "crashes" when entering your Simbrief alias, you should post a log BEFORE you restart it, that is when the error message which say if you want to see the error comes out.

jogabs

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 01:41:17 pm »
Now without restarting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 02:29:07 pm »
Is not clear from your log (because you renamed it. never rename a file, but ZIP it) if it's the Couatl.ERR or the Couatl.LOG.

The Couatl.ERR is just the panic log that shows just the error, but it doesn't give enough details about it. When troubleshooting a problem, you should enable Logging in the settings, and when the error happens, post the Couatl.LOG file, which is more detailed.

Don't rename the file, but ZIP it and attach the ZIP file to a post, so we are sure which file you posted.

jogabs

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 02:43:57 pm »
It crashes even when trying to mark the option to create the .log file, as i said earlier on this topic.

jogabs

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2024, 02:46:44 pm »
zip file .err file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2024, 07:07:08 pm »
The Couatl.ERR is just the panic log that shows just the error, but it doesn't give enough details about it. When troubleshooting a problem, you should enable Logging in the settings, and when the error happens, post the Couatl.LOG file, which is more detailed.

Don't rename the file, but ZIP it and attach the ZIP file to a post, so we are sure which file you posted.

jogabs

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 12:28:22 am »
Lets try it again.

IT CRASHES EVEN WHEN I TRY TO CHECK THE COUATL.LOG FILE TO WORK. IT CRASHES EVERYTIME I APLLY SOME CHANGE.

The only file that i get is the panic log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2024, 11:19:47 am »
IT CRASHES EVEN WHEN I TRY TO CHECK THE COUATL.LOG FILE TO WORK. IT CRASHES EVERYTIME I APLLY SOME CHANGE.

There wasn't any need to revert to rude shouting. The GSX manual has the solution to cover this case. Quoting from the manual, Page 34, the chapter aptly named "Enable logging when GSX can’t even start"

There might be cases where a problem is preventing GSX from starting, so you can’t access its interface to enable the Log file that can be sent to support to
troubleshoot the issue.

No use repeating the rest of the instructions here.