Author Topic: GSX Download Cancelling  (Read 3741 times)

GodAtum

GSX Download Cancelling
« on: January 20, 2024, 12:42:58 pm »
Hi,

I just tried to download GSX through the installer, and when it gets to 99% it says you have selected to cancel download of this product without any prompting from me. I am not touching any keys or anything. I have tried several times but same result.

- I have no firewall on

- I have added the whole "Addon Manager" folder to the antivirus Exclusions. And also tried with turning the AV off.

Please help

lehbird

Re: GSX Download Cancelling
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2024, 12:05:15 am »
Had the same problem. I uninstalled the FSDT Download Application and reinstalled it, and all worked fine. 

GodAtum

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2024, 02:25:13 pm »
I tried that multiple times but still doesn't work.

robbo747

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2024, 03:05:24 pm »
Hi Umberto

Trying to install the latest version of GSX (Pro) on my computer but have to admit, I'm stuck

Like many others, I am getting told that I have canceled the installation, which of course isn't true.

I have taken advice from the many other forum entries on this subject,

Using a VPN
Turning off virus checker
Turning off Firewall
Re-install FSDT Installer
Tried re-instal GSX via the FSDT installer.

All with no success.

I generally get to the point in the install where I am asked if I want to save the install files to which I have tried every possible answer, Yes or No then I get told I have cancelled the whole process which is not correct. 

Could really do with some help please

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2024, 05:59:45 pm »
The message the download has been canceled is usually caused by an error downloading or uncompressing the downloaded files. The error can be caused by either:

- The antivirus. Configure it to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions. DO NOT "turn it off", but configure it as such.

- The firewall. Disabled it or explicitly grant permission to go online to the Couatl_updater2.exe file in the Addon Manager folder.

If that doesn't work, try removing these folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\PackagesCache
%APPDATA%\Virtuali\UpdateCache

and try again

robbo747

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2024, 10:17:26 am »
Thank you Umberto for your suggestion, however, no change, it didn't get past the location in the install that normally stops it.

The process is looking for a file'fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways-trial-v2.83.zip.001

Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2024, 11:07:38 am »
The process is looking for a file'fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways-trial-v2.83.zip.001

Please clarify: do you see something that looks like an error in the text area down? The file is surely online and it downloads just fine. If it wasn't, nobody would be able to install GSX in the first place.

robbo747

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2024, 12:02:23 pm »

I cannot find this file '......world-of-jetways-trial-v2.8.3.zip.001'  having done a search on my computer at the location it is looking for it.  The only files in there are for 'fsdreamteam-gsx-pro-v.2.8.3'

Rob

robbo747

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2024, 12:23:57 pm »
sorry the image is not very good

Rob

robbo747

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2024, 11:17:50 am »
I have done a few things in order to get this software installation on track....

1.      Cleared anything to do with FSDreamteam off my computer
2.      restarted computer, with both virus checker and Firewall switched off
3.      Used a VPN
4.      My default browser is Google so this time I used Edge
5.      Downloaded and installed FSDT Universal Installer from GSX Pro web page
6.      (only recently resetting Windows 11 on this computer, only thing installed is MSFS2020)
7.      Tried to install GSX pro from your universal installer.
8.      Extracting GSX Pro package to G:\program files (X86)addon manager\msfs\fsdreamteam-gsx-pro
9.     1st off it downloaded files 001 to 007
10    1st sign of errors "The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. downloading
http:///virtualisoftware.com/setup msfs/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways-trial-v2.8.3.zip.001. trying mirror server.......not found on mirror too"     (Checked when errors started happening, this World of Jetways Trial folder contained no files at all on my computer and on your 'Update' download site, this file is also not present)  Then met with repeated error messages saying I had cancelled the install process

I hope this may help in some way, I appreciate the problem seems to lie with a vast minority of your customers

Rob
« Last Edit: January 28, 2024, 10:33:57 am by robbo747 »

GodAtum

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2024, 05:37:24 pm »
I've done all the above and still getting the same error. Is there a way to fix this?

heartdelta738

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2024, 10:23:58 pm »
I am getting that same problem as well.

- I downloaded FSDT Installer from Chrome successfully.
- Firewall is all disabled.
- Anti virus is still on but I was able to configure the Addon Managar folder to exclusions.
- Ran FSDT live update no problem.
- Opened FSDT Installer to install GSX Pro.
- Per the log, it was able downloading 001-007 and extracting GSX Pro package until I got those two error messages
"The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. downloading http://update.virtualisoftware.com/setup_msfs/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001, trying mirror server" and
"The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. downloading http://update.virtualisoftware.com/setup_msfs/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001, trying mirror server File C:\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001 not found on mirror too"
- There are multipe pop up message saying "You canceled the Download of this package" which I haven't canceled it anything.

I have KORD V2 and I was able to install and activate it just fine except GSX Pro. Please advise for further instructions or any missing steps.

****UPDATE:*****

I unistalled FSDT Installer and Live Update and then deleted
Then I downloaded Installer from Edge and installed it. I ACTIVATED key successfully and then started installing GSX Pro...it finally went through! So, I am not exactly sure how did that happen but someone can try this?

Happy flying!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 04:57:10 pm by heartdelta738 »

GodAtum

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2024, 09:01:29 pm »
I am getting that same problem as well.

- I downloaded FSDT Installer from Chrome successfully.
- Firewall is all disabled.
- Anti virus is still on but I was able to configure the Addon Managar folder to exclusions.
- Ran FSDT live update no problem.
- Opened FSDT Installer to install GSX Pro.
- Per the log, it was able downloading 001-007 and extracting GSX Pro package until I got those two error messages
"The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. downloading http://update.virtualisoftware.com/setup_msfs/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001, trying mirror server" and
"The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. downloading http://update.virtualisoftware.com/setup_msfs/fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001, trying mirror server File C:\XXX\AppData\Local\Temp\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetway-trail-v2.8.3.zip 001 not found on mirror too"
- There are multipe pop up message saying "You canceled the Download of this package" which I haven't canceled it anything.

I have KORD V2 and I was able to install and activate it just fine except GSX Pro. Please advise for further instructions or any missing steps.

****UPDATE:*****

I unistalled FSDT Installer and Live Update and then deleted
Then I downloaded Installer from Edge and installed it. I ACTIVATED key successfully and then started installing GSX Pro...it finally went through! So, I am not exactly sure how did that happen but someone can try this?

Happy flying!

Did all that but still doesn't work  >:( >:( >:(

GodAtum

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2024, 04:09:44 pm »
Please can this get fixed or can I get a refund?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2024, 04:17:32 pm »
Please can this get fixed or can I get a refund?

Refund of what, exactly? This error (you said you have the "SAME error") posted here, it's related to a very specific case, which is installing GSX IN TRIAL, meaning you haven't bought GSX and are installing in Trial because you have another FSDT scenery active.

And, we have the Trial files not updated to the latest version but, of course, it's fixed now.

That it, assuming you really have "the same error", which I can't be sure of because, opposite to other that all have posted their error log, allowing to understand the problem and fix it, you haven't, so I really can't say for sure if your problem was the one that has been discussed here, that was related JUST with the TRIAL version.