Author Topic: Serious Installation Error GSX L2  (Read 782 times)

Kalorien

• It is what it is
Serious Installation Error GSX L2
« on: January 18, 2024, 09:57:18 am »
Hello,

I got a the message during the installation of GSX L2. I just downloaded the latest installer. Is there a simconnect problem? See attached pictures.

Kind regards
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Serious Installation Error GSX L2
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 10:41:38 am »
What the error means ?

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 12:00:34 pm »
It means"Serious Installation Error"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 02:23:49 pm »
It means"Serious Installation Error"

It doesn't seem to come from our installer (all installer is in English) and, in fact, if you check your screenshot, it's happening while the installer is installing the Simconnect client, using the official Microsoft installer.

So, your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with GSX: the official MS Simconnect Installer is having problems installing in your system, likely due to missing system runtimes libraries in your Windows installation.

If you can't even install the official Simconnect client for FSX, GSX (and lots of other addons), won't run so, you should first try to fix this.

Which version of FSX do you use? If it's the Steam version, and you just reinstalled it, you MUST run it at least once before installing any add-on.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 03:06:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,

thank you for your quick answer! I was digging the whole forum about this. And I found something about the Microsoft Visual  C++ 2005, 2013 and 2015. I got more of them, but these are the most important, I think. Some of them were missing... so that is fixed now for both x86 and x64. After that I deleted the FSX.cfg and made a new start in Fsx Steam. So far so nice  :D

The sim runs with a scenery FSDT LSZH and GSX L2 without complaining anything. All other sceneries were inactive. But I found a second, for me also very important issue, particularly with the FSDT LSZH scenery. The scenery was lagging al the time for every 4 seconds, Fort Lauderdale and Dallas were doing that too. Probably LA and others had all the same, but not that hard. I did not test the other FSDT sceneries, but I think I hit it. The solution for this is a missing entry in the FSX.cfg. I think if the sim can´t find the objects, it will lag. The attached picture shows the missing entry. Don´t ask me why it wasn´t there. This has happened also in my FSX Gold Edition, for years... Now I found it, hopefully hehe. I remember, longer ago, that it was working and I blamed the Addon Manager. It seems not to be the case. Okay, I will go on with testing and maybe doing a flight  8)

Kind regards
Peter

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 03:08:48 pm »
here is the picture

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2024, 09:29:59 am »
After installing Sode V1.7.1 the Fsx-se.cfg looks like in the picture and is working.

The FSDT Scenenery Installers keep showing the same message about the serious error. The Live Updater doesn´t. If I have some kind of a problem with simconnect, which I don´t recognize in my network, can I make a reinstall? I found somewhere here in the forum about deleting SimConnect.dll in C:\Windows\WinSxS. I would boot Windows 10 in safemode and would be able to delete there. Is that safe?