Author Topic: Back door jetway  (Read 571 times)

Framsen

Back door jetway
« on: January 14, 2024, 09:32:26 am »
Hi!

Can I do something to stop GSX using back door jetway?
Aircraft position is correct (repositioned with GSX as well), as you can see everything seems to be fine, but the jetway  :o

AC: Fenix A320

https://i.postimg.cc/RMN027bz/gsx-back-door.jpg

Thank you!  :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 11:05:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Back door jetway
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 11:18:35 am »
Can I do something to stop GSX using back door jetway?

The problem is, GSX is not "using" any door. MSFS is!

As explained so many times, GSX in MSFS doesn't have ANY control whatsoever over how and where the jetway docks. The only thing GSX ever does to jetways is to know if they are available and send a message to MSFS to dock/undock, but that's it. Everything that happens next is controlled entirely by MSFS.

Now, opposite to FSX/P3D (with default system, not using SODE), where the jetway could only dock to one door defined in the [Exits] section of the aircraft.cfg, the system has been "improved" in MSFS, allowing a jetway to dock on EVERY door, even the ones that don't make any sense: in some parking positions, you might see the jetway docking on the catering door, with its head reversed!

MSFS tries to make it "simpler", by allowing docking to every door that "solves" the position, no matter what.

This means, what controls jetways is a combination of ALL the following factors:

- How the jetway is modeled.

- How the jetway is placed in the scenery.

- Where your airplane doors are located.

- Where you parked in relationship with the jetway.

You said the airplane position is "correct" but, correct doesn't automatically mean the jetway would dock in the door you are expecting to: if MSFS thinks the rear door is better (either because it can't solve the front door or the rear one is closer), it will dock there, and there's just nothing you or we can do to change that.

You posted a cut screenshot not showing the whole parking position but, I can see the jetway is very long so, it's possible it's just too long to dock on the first door from that angle, and because it's long, it reached the rear one instead.

So, it might be possible or not "fixing" this from GSX side, using the only thing you can change from GSX, that is the custom STOP position for that gate, and using the TEST function in the parking editor (NumPad+5 while editing the STOP position), you might be able to find a position where the jetway would dock on the front door, but there's no guaranteed you can do that, if the problem is really the jetway is too long for that position, which should have probably used a shorter one.