Author Topic: 2.9.1 - Confirm good engine start  (Read 1985 times)

Drumcode

2.9.1 - Confirm good engine start
« on: January 14, 2024, 06:15:17 pm »
Umberto, right after the pushback and ending start the confirmation of good engine start menu is not loading for me, it just sits there and spins, I have to restart the service to recover. Same behavior on a total of 5 flights I did since the update installed.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2024, 07:48:23 pm by Drumcode »

RobSmith

Re: 2.9.1 - Confirm good engine start
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2024, 03:36:41 am »
Hello Drumcode:

I am having the same issues since the update.

I tried doing a complete uninstall and then a fresh re-install, but this did not fix the issue.

Umberto: I hope you can look into this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 11:27:22 am »
Please provide the exact replication steps, include your settings (related to that option) and if you were in icing condition or not. And if you have a log **before** restarting, it would help.

RobSmith

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 07:19:26 pm »
Hello Umberto:

Here are the steps that you requested.

1. Started flight with PMDG 737-700 at KABQ, gate A9 (default ASOBO airport).
2. From the GSX menu, I selected Start Boarding.
3. After aircraft configured and passengers loaded, I selected Prepare for Departure from GSX menu.
4. The GSX menu asked me to Continue without de-icing (GSX choice) which I choose. (The weather was clear with no precipitation).
5. I immediately received an error message. (Please see attached screen capture with log)
6. I re-started Couatl and went to settings, and then turned on the Ignore Icing conditions on pushback.
7. On the GSX menu, I choose prepare for pushback and was able to get a pushback.
8. Once the pushback finished, I receive the Confirm engine start message.
9. When I invoke the GSX menu, I receive the spinning menu. This is repeatable at all airports (default ASOBO and purchased airports).
10. This started with the latest update.
11. I could not screen print a log when the spinning menu appears because I can't get to the settings to screen capture the log.

Hope this explains the details. Thanking you in advance for any help/advice.

Robert J. Luciano

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 10:10:32 am »
Try running the FSDT Live Update again, it should fix that error.

RobSmith

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2024, 08:21:32 pm »
Hello Umberto:

I re-ran the FSDT Live update without any issues. However, I am still seeing the spinning menu when confirming a good engine start.

For now, my only work-around is to stop the Couatl scripting engine.

Am I doing something wrong? Do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you. Robert

marknie

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 08:42:46 am »
I have the exact same thing with pmdg 737. All airports now do this. Is there a fix?
Capn Mark Niebauer

RobSmith

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 04:33:26 pm »
In the GSX settings menu, I have disabled "Confirm good engine start" and the "ignore icing conditions." Now, the pushback goes through and if there are icing conditions, I can bypass that without receiving error messages.

....until a FIX is issued.

Joe6789

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2024, 07:36:02 pm »
Umberto, right after the pushback and ending start the confirmation of good engine start menu is not loading for me, it just sits there and spins, I have to restart the service to recover. Same behavior on a total of 5 flights I did since the update installed.

Me too and i am really p**** of by that since it is not the first time having problems with this really expensive addon. Unfortunately i believed some other simmers at official forum. They told me GSX Pro is a good app.

Joe6789

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2024, 07:37:07 pm »
Try running the FSDT Live Update again, it should fix that error.

No it will not fix this problem. This is the first thing i tried ... some dozen times before!

Joe6789

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2024, 07:38:22 pm »
In the GSX settings menu, I have disabled "Confirm good engine start" and the "ignore icing conditions." Now, the pushback goes through and if there are icing conditions, I can bypass that without receiving error messages.

....until a FIX is issued.

Sorry but this isnt a solution at all. I paid them a lot of money. Me i want a solution/fix soon. Or a refund.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2024, 05:53:53 pm »
No it will not fix this problem. This is the first thing i tried ... some dozen times before!

I can repeat and confirm the error reported here IS fixed with the latest update. Of course, I can only refer to the OP error, which is fixed.

Since you haven't posted YOUR error log, I cannot possibly say if you are still having this issue, indicating a problem with the update (which is troubleshooted in a certain way) or you are having a DIFFERENT problem instead.

So, again, please provide the exact replication steps, including your settings (related to that option) and if you were in icing condition or not. And if you have a log **before** restarting, it will help. And please, don't make multiple posts about the same issue. In case you were wondering why your duplicate post has been removed...

Joe6789

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2024, 05:31:44 pm »
It still happens even without deicing. What exactly do you want to know and how do i get it?
I cant confirm good enginge start cause GSX Pro just went to never ending loading when try to start it. ALWAYS! I have to ignore the truck. => Immersion is 100% destroyed!

UPDATE: Congrats. Its getting worse. I kicked your stupid sw out via tskmgr and now my plane is completely stuck to the ground! I have to start the couatl thing again to get rid of this bug.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 05:38:24 pm by Joe6789 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2024, 05:13:53 pm »
I cant confirm good enginge start cause GSX Pro just went to never ending loading when try to start it. ALWAYS! I have to ignore the truck. => Immersion is 100% destroyed!

That doesn't obviously happen here but, since you still have failed to provide what I asked, that is precise reproduction steps, I can't try to verify that. I can only assure it works normally.

Congrats. Its getting worse. I kicked your stupid sw out via tskmgr and now my plane is completely stuck to the ground! I have to start the couatl thing again to get rid of this bug.

You caused "the bug" by force-quitting the program while it was pushing and of course, GSX being the reliable program it is, when you restarts, the first thing it does is to restore the airplane as it should.

I really hope you are not trying to say GSX should be able to "intercept" you force-quitting it from the Task manager and fix the airplane in time, I don't think that is even possible on Windows.

Awaiting again your precise report with reproduction steps.

Drumcode

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2024, 08:53:49 pm »
I can repeat and confirm the error reported here IS fixed with the latest update.

Umberto, when you mean it's fixed with the latest update, you mean in some unreleased update, right? I still have version 2.9.1 as the latest. Do I click Check and get it fixed?