Author Topic: Dynamic baggage loading  (Read 719 times)

Ankh

Dynamic baggage loading
« on: March 15, 2024, 08:04:08 am »
Does not work for me with the Fenix. No matter what cargo load is defined in simbrief, always the classic three suitcase trolleys arrive per front and aft cargo hatch and baggage loading starts. Even if cargo is set to "0" in simbrief. Do I need to activate this somewhere? Excuse me if it is in the manual (RTFM anyone? ;-))

pete_auau

Re: Dynamic baggage loading
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2024, 12:21:56 pm »
from  the  manual   
Using the GSX Airplane customization page, it’s possible to select the type of ULD
more appropriate for the airplane in use. GSX comes with several airplane models
already customized, but it’s quite easy to change these option, and it can be done
without having to restart the simulator.
In the “Airplane customization” section of this manual, all different ULD types will
be listed, and can be assigned to the various Cargo doors.

if its  not the  case  for  you  than  have  a read  of  the manual

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 11:40:35 pm »
Excuse me if it is in the manual (RTFM anyone? ;-))

Of course, it's in the manual but, this time you are excused, because we updated the manual after 2.9.5, as a Hotfix, without increasing the version, so you might have not got it or not noticed it's there.

So, just run the Live Update now, so you'll be surely getting the very latest manual and, at Page 81, there's a complete chapter dedicated exactly to explaining how the Variable number of Luggage/Cargo works (it does) and how the Cargo on Simbrief doesn't affect the number of carts on Passengers planes.

Now, this is only related to the variable NUMBER of carts.

The issue with the carts TYPE is a completely different matter and, it seems the issue here is that Fenix made a bit of mishap in their GSX profile: they set the Loader type to AUTO, which doesn't mean "set the correct type automatically" but, instead, means "set EITHER ULDs or BELT loaders depending on the cargo door's HEIGHT" so, on an A320, it will always result in BELT loaders no matter what, because its cargo door is lower than the "AUTO" threshold.

On a custom airplane profile, you usually set the loader Explicitly, either BELT or ULD, which for an A320 is supposed to be AKH only.

The loader TYPE and the meaning of the "AUTO" setting hasn't been changed in a long while.

RogePete

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 10:06:33 am »
A bit of a problem with the new cargo loading calculation is, that it isn't consistent.

Example:
 - simbrief connected (green)
 - you load a nearly full plane (pax)
 - you get 3 containers during boarding
 - you land at destination
 - only 2 (or 1) container(s) are getting unloaded

...or vice versa.

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 10:56:51 am »
Of course, it's in the manual but, this time you are excused, because we updated the manual after 2.9.5, as a Hotfix, without increasing the version, so you might have not got it or not noticed it's there.

Easy, you already explained it over in the GSX discord.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2024, 03:39:34 pm »
Easy, you already explained it over in the GSX discord.

But I can't assume that everybody posting here and reading this post, would have read it on Discord already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2024, 03:46:20 pm »
A bit of a problem with the new cargo loading calculation is, that it isn't consistent.

Before you say there are problems, it's best to check all facts first, best with a log, usually. Fact Simbrief is in green doesn't automatically ensure the calculation will always work because, in case of a PASSENGER airplane, to calculate the correct figure, the passengers number must be present in the airplane profile on Simbrief, so it can be also exported in the generated flight plan.

You haven't said if your airplane is passengers or cargo, so I can only guess.

For cargo airplanes, again, the calculation is different and of course is all explained in the manual.

If both calculations can't get data from Simbrief, the calculation will be based on the **ACTUAL** payload, at the time you called GSX, so they might not necessarily be consistent between departure or arrival for many reasons, like a change in payload, the moment you called GSX, if you restarted GSX in flight, etc.

All things that can be of course verified with the log, which will tell us if the calculation is really "not consistent".

RogePete

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2024, 08:07:26 am »
Well, I know you're thinking all of us are idiots. But yes, I checked all these facts before writing about a problem. What is this allergy against users?
It actually is for the best of GSX. I can stop reporting problems if you wish.

And for god's sake, yes, the simbrief profile HAS a max passenger number and yes, it IS a passenger plane.

Thank you.

PS: could you please invest in a community manager, who knows how to talk to other human beings?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2024, 02:50:31 pm »
Well, I know you're thinking all of us are idiots. But yes, I checked all these facts before writing about a problem.

I really don't know what you are trying to say but "checking all the facts" means CHECKING THE LOG, something you haven't done, because to know exactly what happened, the only way to really be sure of that, is to look at the log.

And for god's sake, yes, the simbrief profile HAS a max passenger number and yes, it IS a passenger plane.

First, you never said it was a passenger plane. In fact, you said "A bit of a problem with the new cargo loading calculation" which is ambiguous at best.

And, if you cared to read what I wrote, it would have been clear the lack of a max passenger number in the flight plan is not the only thing that might cause the calculation not to use the planned figures.

This would have been clear if you posted a log, that's why I asked for it.

RogePete

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2024, 10:35:05 am »
First, you never said it was a passenger plane.

Well as a last post in this forum, let me quote myself (see above):

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2024, 02:20:08 pm »

I missed your parenthesis; you still haven't posted your log.

Papacoach

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2024, 01:23:30 am »
Thanks as always for doing your best to be innovative. I personally would like the option to have the same number of carts for deboarding as boarding. I would imagine a tick box in each aircraft profile or at least a single tick box in the main settings options wouldn't be too difficult for you to implement. The logic isn't quite working realistically at this time in my opinion. Loaded a pax 744 with 3 carts in SFO, and only unloaded 1 at HNL with the only real difference being fuel burned...

But again, thanks for all the improvements and integrations for GSX through the years.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 11:30:16 am »
The logic isn't quite working realistically at this time in my opinion. Loaded a pax 744 with 3 carts in SFO, and only unloaded 1 at HNL with the only real difference being fuel burned...

And that is precisely why I keep asking to provide logs, and yet they fail to arrive. If you want to add a new setting just to disable an option because you think it is not working, the proper solution is not adding a useless setting but, instead, investigate the issue, verify if it is in fact a bug, and fix it.

For that, we need a log, which is why I keep asking for one.