Author Topic: Loading active scenery  (Read 857 times)

Kalorien

• It is what it is
Loading active scenery
« on: December 19, 2023, 06:04:27 pm »
Hello,
I noticed a very long delay/lag time till a FSDT like KFLL or KLAX or KDFW or,  I mean any scenery of FSDT, is loaded in the simulator (FSX Gold Edition). It always happens. I can live with it when starting a flight, but on final approach, well I don´t really want that delay. It does not happen with other payware sceneries like Aerosoft or Taxi to Gate How can I fix that?
Kind regards
Peter
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 06:17:30 pm by Kalorien »

Kalorien

• It is what it is
Re: Loading active scenery KFLL FSX <---- !!!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 12:25:21 pm »
Hello,

Well, this is what a found at KFLL. The elevation fix is ---> https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23373.msg166036.html#msg166036
After installing the two files, I still had double jetways at the airport. Just run the FSDT GSX Control Panel once and compile the jetway exclude job for KFLL if it is there.
Make sure you deactivate all bridges in FTX GLOBAL VECTOR Configuration Tool, otherwise you will have bridges in the scenery which don´t belong there.

Umberto, am I right?

One question:

Is it possible to make an fix and exception for FSX user in the FSDT Live Update or the FSDT Installer? That would be nice, because especially the elevation problem at KFLL could repeat constantly.
If not, somebody told me to mark the two files for the elevation write protected. That should not update the files while running an update. If it has already been done, I did not notice or I did something which wrongduring my investigation.

Last, it is still a bit laggy. I did not test an approach after doing this, but flying around with an Ultralight, it still lags without ai or exceptional very dense or dense scenery. My PC can handle other payware scenery I already stated above without these lags.

Kind regards
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 02:35:50 pm »
Umberto, am I right?

I have no idea about non-FSDT products, so I can't comment on FTX Vector. The fix we have in the forum has been tested only with the basic installation.

Is it possible to make an fix and exception for FSX user in the FSDT Live Update or the FSDT Installer? That would be nice, because especially the elevation problem at KFLL could repeat constantly.

This has been discussed so many times, and it's a feature we had in the updater for years:

- Create an empty file named DONTUPDATE (no file extension so, no .txt or anything else, just save an empty file with no extension) in a folder you want PROTECT from Live Updates, and the updater will skip that folder if you have such file there.

Kalorien

• It is what it is
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 09:27:29 am »
Umberto, am I right?

I have no idea about non-FSDT products, so I can't comment on FTX Vector. The fix we have in the forum has been tested only with the basic installation.

But you do know about Orbx/Fsdt scenery fixes regarding KLAS. But ok, for a standard user like me, I need to ask, because I did not "find" it in the manual. If you never heard of such a DONTUPDATE, you don´t know where to look for in the forum. That´s why I like stickies about sceneries. Sorry Umberto, no offense.