Author Topic: Vehicle spawn point problem and possible solution  (Read 1448 times)

ACSoft

Vehicle spawn point problem and possible solution
« on: December 21, 2023, 01:14:49 pm »
In the actual doc, this is what you say about vehicles spawning point:

"All GSX vehicles that comes from away, by default are spawned from other Parking spots of the “Vehicle” kind, with the Fuel Truck starting from the “Fuel” Parking types instead."

This is valid and work quite well for airport which are GSX compatible and have these "vehicle spots" you mention, but what about addon which are not compatible like, for example, "devinci Dakar GOBD airport" I just bought yesterday ? Actually, not a word in the doc about that case. From my tests, GSX Pro seem, most of the time, to set the spawn point RIGHT ON THE PARKING POSITION WHERE IS PLACED MY AIRCRAFT !!! In other words, it is right under your aircaft, with horrible effects on the path of these vehicles, starting doing wonky moves on wonky paths. Something which is REALLY A BAD THINGS ! This is almost the behavior I have with my new Dakar GOBD addon, but I guess this should happen also with other "incompatible" addons.

I study carefully all informations I was able to found about "GSX spawing point" everywhere, in all your forums and even globally on internet. I found in an old thread (https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=20493.0), that you answered that with such compatibility problem: "... a random parking will be used instead so, you can use the free ADE utility to add these points" and you answered also: "No need to duplicate in GSX something that is already possible to do with a very good freeware utility". This was maybe valid in 2019, with GSX for old FSX version, but for sure, this is not anymore possible !

Nevertheless, to be sure of that I tried to follow this ADE utility track and installed the "ADE 2020 alpha 20". But this is obviously something much more complicate now, than with the good old ADE I used my self a lot in the time of FS9 & FS10 !!! I give up immediately, when I discover that this ADE version require the MSFS 2020 SDK to be fully installed ! No, sorry, Umberto, but I am not putting my fingers in such a complex heavy and indigest solution, when GSX Pro can DO THINGS MUCH MORE CLEVERLY and even maybe, ADD A NEW FEATURE in the airport editor to allow the user to offet the GSX determined spawn point, whatever kind it is !

Personnaly, I would in this case, maybe choose a parking position, but almost one WHO IS FAR ENOUGH FROM MY AIRCRAFT. I guess that it should't be complicate to calculate which is the best parking position to choose. Moreover, whatever was used to choose the spawn point, if we can display it in airport editor and move it with usual editor commands, this would be perfect.

Hope you will approve this obvious improvement proposition.

ACSoft

Re: Vehicle spawn point problem and possible solution
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 08:49:53 am »
Hi Umberto,

With the last update of 24 december, I was hoping to see a better logic implemented for the choice of vehicle spawn point, in the case GSX has to choose an aircraft parking instead of appropriate vehicle parking location. I mean not anymore set this spawn location right under your aircraft, but to a position far from my plane !!!

As you didn't answered to my initial message, maybe you miss it.

Please, just say if you are going to correct this in the future.

Thanks in forward.

EDIT:
i=mr2AMXJY1BZKUEft
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 09:26:55 am by ACSoft »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 02:18:24 am »
With the last update of 24 december, I was hoping to see a better logic implemented for the choice of vehicle spawn point, in the case GSX has to choose an aircraft parking instead of appropriate vehicle parking location. I mean not anymore set this spawn location right under your aircraft, but to a position far from my plane !!!

It's impossible to say exactly why this happens to you, without looking exactly at the scenery and, of course, it's not clear from your video if you called Boarding or Deboarding, because this changes where the baggage loaders starts from.

As explained so many times, GSX TRIES to use a parking of the VEHICLE type first, if it fails to find that, it will try a FUEL parking next, and it will spawn on an normal parking only as a LAST RESORT and, there's even code to PREVENT to spawn in your own parking spot but, if even THAT one fails, because even the only remaining parking spot was also unusable for any reason ( not connected, overlapped, etc. ), the spawn position will get unpredictable.

And it's not clear from your video if you are called Boarding or Deboarding, because this also changes where the vehicles are coming from. On Deboarding, they always come from your parking, at some DISTANCE related to the parking RADIUS.

On Boarding, they are supposed to come from far away, but some scenery is so badly made, that it's impossible to find a proper parking, properly connected to the taxiway layout. Again, I can't say more without checking the scenery. Note that, you can have some idea how the scenery is made, by entering Developer Mode, and enabling the Debug Airports from the Debug window, this will let you see visually how the parking spots are configured, how they are connected, if they overlap, etc.

ACSoft

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2023, 11:07:21 am »
And it's not clear from your video if you are called Boarding or Deboarding, because this also changes where the vehicles are coming from. On Deboarding, they always come from your parking, at some DISTANCE related to the parking RADIUS.

On Boarding, they are supposed to come from far away, but some scenery is so badly made, that it's impossible to find a proper parking, properly connected to the taxiway layout. Again, I can't say more without checking the scenery. Note that, you can have some idea how the scenery is made, by entering Developer Mode, and enabling the Debug Airports from the Debug window, this will let you see visually how the parking spots are configured, how they are connected, if they overlap, etc.

If you would have looked and listened more carefully my video, you would have seen that the passenger come OUT OF THE BUS and go in direction of the aircraft. You can also hear your GSX audio annoucing the BOARDING".

If I wrote to you, it is exactly because you addon DO NOT BEHAVE as it is supposed to do, and by me, this is called BUGS in the code. Boarding or deboarding does not change nothing. In the case of deboarding, the baggage train, after the baggage loading, when it goes "aways", come right under the aircraft and dissapear !

Of course, this scenery didn't take in account GSX. It was published before GSX come on the market. I am already in contact with the author which confirmed to me that fact. Obviously, this scenery is a perfect test for GSX, speaking of the case it does not found these famous vehicle parking positions.

No, Umberto, unfortunately, your GSX does NOT do what you think in this case. Is DOES NOT choose a parking far aways and always spawn under the aircraft, whatever aircraft it is, whatever jetway parking position we are on. I think the following video will achieve to convince you and that you will decided to correct this asap.

In the meantimes, I wish to you, in advance an Happy New Year !

ACSoft

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2023, 11:27:06 am »
On Boarding, they are supposed to come from far away, but some scenery is so badly made, that it's impossible to find a proper parking, properly connected to the taxiway layout.
In any cases, if you cannot found a proper parking connected to the taxiway, there is, FOR SURE, better solution, than to spawn right under the user aircraft. Apparently, there is not only this scenery which is "badly made" !

For example, like I proposed already, a parking position far enough from our aircraft and that it ! Forget about a connection to a taxiway. In this situation, it will be a better solution than what you do now ! Don't have you seen, on my videos, the horrible mess generated with your spawn positions under the aircraft ?

Again, I can't say more without checking the scenery.
So, in this case, why don't you check it ? It cost only EUR 8.48 on SimMarket. I am even sure that Devinci will offer you a key, if you contact him (devinci@panafva.com).

Note that, you can have some idea how the scenery is made, by entering Developer Mode, and enabling the Debug Airports from the Debug window, this will let you see visually how the parking spots are configured, how they are connected, if they overlap, etc.
Maybe something you can do yourself but not me thanks. I do not enter in developer mode, nor enabling any debug modes. I only enjoy FLYING with MSFS 2020, when I can ! When I am not frustrated by bugs or addon problems of this kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2023, 09:13:24 pm »
If I wrote to you, it is exactly because you addon DO NOT BEHAVE as it is supposed to do, and by me, this is called BUGS in the code. Boarding or deboarding does not change nothing. In the case of deboarding, the baggage train, after the baggage loading, when it goes "aways", come right under the aircraft and disappear !

No, it doesn't. If it did, it would happen everywhere.

Of course, this scenery didn't take in account GSX. It was published before GSX come on the market. I am already in contact with the author which confirmed to me that fact. Obviously, this scenery is a perfect test for GSX, speaking of the case it does not found these famous vehicle parking positions.

A scenery doesn't have to "take in account GSX", it's not as if GSX is requiring doing anything out of the ordinary, for a proper AI and ground vehicle flow, vehicle parking spots, fuel parking spots, and non-overlapping parking spots, with ground vehicle parking spots properly connected to the taxiway layout and to the parking spots are required, even if GSX never existed.

It might be better to say the scenery was made with little care for ground services in general but, since nobody really minds default ground services, it's not usually considered a big problem.

So, before saying GSX has "bug", which you seem too quick to come to a conclusion, I would have a proper report of which scenery is, exactly, which gate you were located, if you used a GSX profile and if yes, which one.

ACSoft

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2023, 11:32:27 am »
So, before saying GSX has "bug", which you seem too quick to come to a conclusion, I would have a proper report of which scenery is, exactly, which gate you were located, if you used a GSX profile and if yes, which one.
Yes, my dear Uberto, I consider GSX "has a bug", because I cannot imagine that you volontary set the spawn point right under the aircraft, whatever the scenery was designed and cause difficulties to your code logic. So, if you have something unexpected, by me, I call this a bug ! But call it like you want, this will not change nothing, nor help for the solution.

Now, you ask me informations I aready gave you in my previous messages, therefore please, read them more carefully. For example: "... spawn under the aircraft, whatever aircraft it is, whatever jetway parking position we are on".

So please, now, stop to always try to argue and do whatever you want with this problem/bug, personnaly, I am done with that. I tried to help by signaling this and I think it is perfectly done now !

have an happy new years eve !

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2023, 11:51:29 am »
Ues, my dear Uberto, I consider GSX "has a bug", because I cannot imagine that you voluntary set the spawn point right under the aircraft, whatever the scenery was designed and cause difficulties to your code logic.

That's your mistake: saying "whatever the scenery was designed for" is exactly the point, as if this didn't matter. No, of course it's not a "GSX bug" if the scenery is not made correctly. Have you ever heard the term "Garbage In - Garbage Out"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garbage_in,_garbage_out

Now, you ask me informations I aready gave you in my previous messages, therefore please, read them more carefully.

No, you haven't.

You only said you have a scenery called "devinci Dakar GOBD airport", and I can see from the video you are on Gate 3.

Where's the missing information I also asked for, which is if you use a GSX profile? Iif you made it yourself (so, please, post it) or you downloaded from some place (clearly indicate where).

ACSoft

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2023, 01:06:18 pm »
That's your mistake: saying "whatever the scenery was designed for" is exactly the point, as if this didn't matter. No, of course it's not a "GSX bug" if the scenery is not made correctly.
First, I didn't say "designed FOR" but simply "designed", which has a completely different meaning.

I read recently other threads, accusing your addon to be a buggy mess since ever. Even a very unpolite guy was accusing your addon GSX to be a scam. So, maybe, you should not so kickly put the fault on other's and admit that it can be perfectly possible, that a signaled problem is maybe due to a flaw of your GSX code.

No, you haven't.

You only said you have a scenery called "devinci Dakar GOBD airport", and I can see from the video you are on Gate 3.

Where's the missing information I also asked for, which is if you use a GSX profile? Iif you made it yourself (so, please, post it) or you downloaded from some place (clearly indicate where).
And you, have you tested ?

Probably not. Because if yes, you would have seen that with or without 3rd party Profile, with or without personnal customization (which, of course also create a profile), with the Concorde aircraft or the Fenix A320 almost, on gate 3 or 4 almost, with or without the jetway activated, the problem occur.

Again, read more carefully my messages:
"So, in this case, why don't you check it ? It cost only EUR 8.48 on SimMarket. I am even sure that Devinci will offer you a key, if you contact him (devinci@panafva.com)."

So I obviously don't ONLY SAID you have a scenery called "devinci Dakar GOBD airport"

I give you the informations:
1) where I bought the addon: SimMarket
2) The price it cost me: EUR 8.48
3) The dev name: Devinci
4)  The dev email: devinci@panafva.com

Isn't that enough ?

ACSoft

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 11:31:11 am »
Just in case the following might help to solve this problem:

After more investigations, it is the usage of the gate 3 or 4 which trigger this inapropriate spawn point location error of GSX. Don't even need to have a profile, with customization, to be installed in Virtuali. The simple usage of these gates cause the trouble. This seem also to not depend at all of the type of aircraft.

I built a new profile which banish the gate 3 and 4 and this one work perfectly. In this new profile I use gate 2 for the Concorde, with the ladder and with passengers walking on the tarmac, like before. I customized also gate 5 for my Fenix A320.

I wish an Happy New Year to everybody who might read these lines  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 12:21:00 pm by ACSoft »