Author Topic: GSX Pro issue at KIAH  (Read 702 times)

mcaparula

GSX Pro issue at KIAH
« on: December 17, 2023, 06:39:16 am »
Just landed at FSDT KIAH (I have enabled 3rd party jetways), and went to gate 89.  The marshaller was standing like 10 feet to the right of the actual ramp in the middle of baggage carts, so I ignored him and parked in the ramp.  I was right on the center line, but GSX said I was 8 feet too far to the left (though I was lined up with the pushback tug).  Anyway, I tried the jetway in both GSX and in MSFS ATC, and it did not work.  I then tried again following the marshaller, and the jetways still didn't work.  Don't know if there are issues with KIAH with the updated GSX (I have GSX 2.8.8 and KIAH 1.0.5).  It's just a little frustrating landing at an FSDT airport and GSX not working.  Sorry, no screenshots.

Mike Caparula

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Pro issue at KIAH
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 04:15:06 pm »
Just landed at FSDT KIAH (I have enabled 3rd party jetways),

That's the mistake.

You don't "enable 3rd party jetways", you are supposed to DISABLE Jetways on 3rd party airports, that's exactly what the "Exclude 3rd party" button does: it scans all your installed sceneries and will disable GSX Replacement Jetways from all the airports it can recognize, because the whole point of the GSX Config page is to allow you to PREVENT GSX from replacing Jetways at 3rd party airports, because the GSX replacement jetways are ONLY meant to be used in default airports, if you try to Enabled them manually after GSX has Disabled them automatically, you are introducing a parking conflict, which causes exactly all the issues you found.

mcaparula

Re: GSX Pro issue at KIAH
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 05:50:10 am »
Thank you for replying.  Then I said it wrong.  In my GSX settings, I have a bunch of jetways.bgl files listed in "Disabled" including KIAH.