Author Topic: T jetways (dev question)  (Read 610 times)

RogePete

T jetways (dev question)
« on: December 15, 2023, 01:54:42 pm »
Hi there,

I tried to customize the T jetways at ENBR (Salvuz scenery) exactly as explained in the manual. I did set a rootfloor height for the respective gates and a midpoint. And overall, everything is working. The midpoint is correct. The passengers are walking the correct direction. But they don't walk the correct heights, regarding the midpoint (see attached screens). They walk down first to the midpoint and then up to the jetway root. What went wrong?

My setting for the respective gate is (like in your manual)

Code: [Select]
[jetway_rootfloor_heights]
enbr_jetway_25 = 4.20

[jetway_midpoints]
enbr_jetway_25 = 0.20 26.0

Best whishes

« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 02:18:02 pm by RogePete »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: T jetways (dev question)
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 02:11:25 am »
My setting for the respective gate is (like in your manual)

You followed the method at Page 75, but that is only valid if the jetway has been modeled with both elements of the T to be a jetway. Is this the case? Because if it's made using the other method, explained in the following page, with only the head animated with the rest static, you need to set a custom root height instead.

RogePete

Re: T jetways (dev question)
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 08:52:24 am »
Thanks for answering.

Well, if I leave all on default (no custom entries for the T jetway) the passengers walk straight to the root at the end of the jetway (not only to the end of the T). Even with nearly the correct height (no walk 'downstairs').
Exactly like the red line in the picture of your manual (see attached). So I guess it recognizes the root as where it should be and the Salvuz scenery does it the same way as your example of the WombiiActual scenery in the manual.

If I would define a static root height for the T, I would get in trouble with different planes cause the jetway changes heights when connecting (according to the plane height), wouldn't I?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 08:54:11 am by RogePete »