Author Topic: No "Developer-provided data" in Customize Aircraft menu and other problems  (Read 1041 times)

Arkelioko

Hi, I am using the A32NX from FBW aircraft, and it happen near everytime : in the customize aircraft menu, there is no Developer-provided data, it's very rare for it to appear, so it's only Internal GSX database. So I have to manually copy the GSX.cfg to the Virtuali\Airplanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO folder. I also have this error in the log file "Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for YEEHAW not found in SimObjects\Airplanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO, using a default GSX.CFG file", I wonder why because the file does really exist at this very specific location, it is exactly called GSX.cfg, it is the one I copied.

I also find this line in the log file : pathToUserCfg() DOES NOT EXIST!!! "<path not found>\Usercfg.opt" it is everywhere in the log file, it's nearly spamming. Any idea why ?

Also, why couatl need to be started with admin priviledge ? The thing is that couatl is automatically started with MSFS, but since my user account is not admin, it is showing a "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" message, so I, each time, have to exit couatl with the tray, and then start couatl manually with admin priviledge, wich is quite annoying to be honnest. I also remarked that the universal installer create an Addon Manager folder in C:\Program Files (x86), even if you set the installation folder on another drive. So the folder is empty and clearly never used.

Also, do you plan to make it possible to have GSX jetways replacement with 3rd party airports ?

And to finish, I have a problem with sounds played by GSX, some of them are only playing in my right speaker. For example, all the sounds effects played with the Catering service are played on my right speaker, it's like right-mono channel and it's not 3d localized, so I can move my cam anywhere, I can go very very far with the drone camera, but the volume doesn't change, and it's playing on my right speaker only.

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No "Developer-provided data" in Customize Aircraft menu and other problems
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 09:51:54 am »
Hi, I am using the A32NX from FBW aircraft, and it happen near everytime : in the customize aircraft menu, there is no Developer-provided data, it's very rare for it to appear, so it's only Internal GSX database.

Are you using a livery variation? If yes, that's normal, since the developer-provided GSX.CFG is read from the main airplane folder.

I also have this error in the log file "Airframe-specific GSX.CFG file for YEEHAW not found in SimObjects\Airplanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO, using a default GSX.CFG file", I wonder why because the file does really exist at this very specific location, it is exactly called GSX.cfg, it is the one I copied.

That's normal either, and it's not an error, it's just an indication that, since you don't have an airframe-specific configuration for the loaded airplane, it will use the standard one.

I also find this line in the log file : pathToUserCfg() DOES NOT EXIST!!! "<path not found>\Usercfg.opt" it is everywhere in the log file, it's nearly spamming. Any idea why ?

This is not normal instead, and it means the Usercfg.opt file hasn't been found in both the MS Store and the Steam path, and it's very likely caused by the fact you have installed MSFS with one user account, and are running GSX with another one.

Also, why couatl need to be started with admin priviledge ?

It doesn't, and we don't install it that way.

The thing is that couatl is automatically started with MSFS, but since my user account is not admin, it is showing a "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings" message

That's a completely different issue and, it's not related to the Couatl engine, which doesn't require an admin account, it's caused by the activation, which is made from the FSDT Installer when you installed it, and that one always requires admin permissions to install so, the real issue, which is basically the same that cause the Usercfg.opt path not being found, is you activated the product with one user (the "Administrator") but when you run as your limited Windows account user, it's not the SAME user, so there won't be any activation there.

The easiest solution is, grant Admin permissions to your limited user account, and reactivate again there, so you won't have to start Couatl as Admin, because you WILL be an admin.

The more complex solution, if you don't want to become Admin, is to manually activate in the limited user, as explained here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,28730.msg187338.html#msg187338

Also, do you plan to make it possible to have GSX jetways replacement with 3rd party airports?

It might be possible for non-encrypted (non-Premium or World update) handcrafted airports but, for anything that is encrypted, it won't be feasible from a possible legal point of view, because we would end up distributing files containing data that was actively protected from being dumped.

And to finish, I have a problem with sounds played by GSX, some of them are only playing in my right speaker. For example, all the sounds effects played with the Catering service are played on my right speaker, it's like right-mono channel and it's not 3d localized, so I can move my cam anywhere, I can go very very far with the drone camera, but the volume doesn't change, and it's playing on my right speaker only.

The problem is that we don't have the actual Camera position in MSFS, because there's no Camera API like P3D, and because we want to be absolutely sure to not touch the MSFS .EXE and potentially cause crashes, we don't use in-memory hacking like we did in FSX to extract it (FSX didn't had a Camera API either).

Without the position of the camera (eyepoint = your ears) in real time, the positional audio the audio engine normally support, doesn't follow the eye position if you move it.

Right now, the Camera API is the most requested feature in the MSFS devs forum, so we can only hope it will eventually arrive so, it should be very easy to add it to the MSFS version, like we had in FSX/P3D, since the audio code is identical, but it needs the actual camera position to work fully in 3d.

Arkelioko

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2023, 03:52:09 pm »
Hey ! I've done a few things and it seems to work well. Let me know what's your thought about it !

Are you using a livery variation?

Yes i'm using a livery variation. The thing is, sometimes, the Developer-provided data reappeared just like that whithout doing anything, I always use the same livery. But the vast majority of the time, it was not specified.

The easiest solution is, grant Admin permissions to your limited user account

Unfortunately, I really can't grant Admin perms to my limited user account nor making my non-admin user a member of the Administrators group, even for this install, it's forbidden and that's it. The only thing I can do is to run AS admin :-\.

So What I've done is opened the registry as admin, and copied the SerialNumber value from "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FSDreamTeam\GSX Pro" key.
Then opened the registry as normal, created the SerialNumber string in GSX Pro key, and pasted the value into it.

Then I ran QlmLicenseWizard.exe /settings "GSX Pro 3.0.lw.xml" with my non-admin user, and activated the licence.

Then I renamed the "C:\users\<non-admin user>\appdata\virtuali" folder to "virtuali old", and I copied the "C:\users\<admin user>\appdata\virtuali" folder to the non-admin user's appdata folder.

Since, it seems to work great with my non-admin user. And now, the Developer-provided data is always specified.

it means the Usercfg.opt file hasn't been found in both the MS Store and the Steam path

That error is now gone with the activation for my non-admin user.

The only thing I remarked is the GSX Pro menu in MSFS now always automatically close after I think 10 seconds of inactivity with the interface. I don't remember if it did the same thing before, maybe I'm wrong.

What do you think of that ? I can of course reinstall everything if what I've done break something I don't see like on back-end side.

Do you think we will be able to use FSDTeam Installer with a non-admin user so we don't have to do all of that ? Like if the licence check and all admin-needed-perms actions are done by a separated exe, wich is admin, idk it's an idea. Or that GSX Pro can check the licence validation without having to be ran as admin, perhaps using the global HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE key instead of HKEY_CURRENT_USER relative key ?

It would be really great if, like any other payware, you can install everything with any users, like the well known photoshop that need a licence to work and you can use it with non-admin user, where admin perms are only used for the installation, and manage to be usable with non-admin users.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2023, 05:59:47 pm by Arkelioko »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 02:03:40 am »
The only thing I remarked is the GSX Pro menu in MSFS now always automatically close after I think 10 seconds of inactivity with the interface. I don't remember if it did the same thing before, maybe I'm wrong.

Of course it's normal, and it's not 10 seconds: it's a variable timeout time which changes depending on the context.

That's how GSX always worked in years, because once you sent a command, you don't need the menu until the next command, so the menu closes automatically after some timeout, in some cases (like the operator selection) by doing a default choice, in other cases by not doing anything,

Arkelioko

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 11:49:08 am »
Of course it's normal

Ok great !

I think the next part of your answer is missing 🧐

Arkelioko

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2023, 04:39:46 pm »
Anyone please ?
Just to be shure that I haven't done anything wrong.
Thank.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2023, 02:30:17 am »
Anyone please ? Just to be shure that I haven't done anything wrong.

Can you please clarify which answer you are still waiting from?

Arkelioko

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2023, 12:42:49 pm »
from this :
I think the next part of your answer is missing 🧐

because of this not finished answer :
That's how GSX always worked in years, because once you sent a command, you don't need the menu until the next command, so the menu closes automatically after some timeout, in some cases (like the operator selection) by doing a default choice, in other cases by not doing anything,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2023, 12:50:09 pm »
The sentence is completed, I just mis-typed a comma when I should have used a period.

Arkelioko

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2023, 04:55:08 pm »
Alright, thanks, happy celebration and happy new year 🎉 !