Author Topic: Pax walking speed and Crew Defaults  (Read 536 times)

Flightdoc

Pax walking speed and Crew Defaults
« on: December 04, 2023, 08:30:06 pm »
I notice that if the path is a little longer the yellow vest officer will sometimes be overtaken in his path by the zealous flight crew. Its annoying because they pass through one another so it destroys immersion. Is it possible to set a default speed on this guy so he always stays at the front of the line when walking? And secondly an option I would LOVE to see on the BOARD CREW menu is this  -- ALWAYS LOAD ALL (in other words dont ask me anymore)

:)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 11:00:47 pm by Flightdoc »
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pax walking speed and Crew Defaults
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 03:05:27 pm »
I notice that if the path is a little longer the yellow vest officer will sometimes be overtaken in his path by the zealous flight crew. Its annoying because they pass through one another so it destroys immersion.

There's no such thing as a check for every human character to "not pass through one another" (not that there is one for vehicles in fact), for obvious performance reasons, since it would require each person to be aware of other people around him, which can't be done easily without spamming Simconnect with too many commands to get position updates for lots of other objects around, affecting other add-ons in the process.

This means what you are reporting applies to every object in GSX at large: passengers and vehicles as well so, having the Loadmaster/Ramp guy overtaking the pilots is really an extremely minor issue. We might add some delay to prevent this specific case but, nothing will change for the whole rest of GSX objects for the above reasons.

Is it possible to set a default speed on this guy so he always stays at the front of the line when walking? And secondly an option I would LOVE to see on the BOARD CREW menu is this  -- ALWAYS LOAD ALL (in other words dont ask me anymore)

GSX has always been like this for years: it always Boarded pilot and crew without asking. Then lots of users asked to be optional, so the menu with the question has been added. Then, some users asked to always skip crew boarding, and we added the option.

You are the first one asking to go back as it was before, I guess we might add that option as well.

Flightdoc

Re: Pax walking speed and Crew Defaults
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2023, 08:24:53 pm »
Very interesting re the load history for crew. Yes a simple time advantage for the yellow vest guy would be a solution. Loving GSX overall!
Flightdoc