Author Topic: FSDT Installer fails to install  (Read 2272 times)

clivelcox

FSDT Installer fails to install
« on: November 30, 2023, 06:41:59 pm »
Good day

I wanted to update my GSX. Then Installer updated. Then Installer closes without doing anything.
I uninstalled the installer and downloaded the universal installer.
Now installer stops at same place all the time and just close after several attempts.
 I have whole folder excluded on antivirus.

Please help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Installer fails to install
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2023, 12:32:41 am »
It's not clear if with "GSX" you mean GSX (the FSX/P3D) version, or GSX Pro, the MSFS version.

After your clarification, I will be able to reply with some ideas, because I'll know if the missing MSFS installation is normal (because you are really referring to GSX and you don't use MSFS), or it IS in fact the problem, if you were instead referring to GSX Pro, so you DO have MSFS installed and for some reason is not being detected.

clivelcox

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2023, 06:27:25 pm »
GSX MSFS version.

The installer itself fails to install.

bcm652

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2023, 01:10:08 am »
Do you have any FSDT airports installed or is that what you are trying to do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2023, 08:20:51 am »
The installer itself fails to install.

Now that you clarified you use MSFS, the real issue seems to be why its page is still blank, but is clearly working since your screenshot shows it's downloading files. Something that shouldn't normally happen, because these files are being downloaded only if they have been removed by accident, that's in fact an emergency procedure that is triggered even before the UI is created, to restore files that are normally always installed but for some reasons are not there anymore.

Most likely, antivirus is the culprit so:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the installer again and see if it manages to restore all missing files.

clivelcox

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 06:28:19 pm »
As I said...I have uninstalled to start fresh to try and sort it out. I have deleted all relevant folders and cleared the registry.
The whole folder is excluded.
The installer always stops at same place as in the screenshot, that is far is it goes.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2023, 06:29:58 pm by clivelcox »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 03:31:15 pm »
As I said...I have uninstalled to start fresh to try and sort it out. I have deleted all relevant folders and cleared the registry.

It doesn't seem you did a correct uninstall, because what it's doing (and of course it's not normal it would stop), is trying to fix up an existing installation where files have been missing, usually because they have been removed by hand or because of the antivirus removing them.

Do a proper uninstall this way:

- Go into the Windows Control Panel, select "Programs and Features" and uninstall the "Fsdreamteam Universal Installer" program

- After uninstalling it, remove the whole Addon Manager folder, which in your case seems to be C:\FSIM\MSFS\Addon Manager.

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer again.

clivelcox

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2023, 07:48:46 pm »
That is exactly what I have done and this where I ended up coming to the forum for insight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 03:29:35 pm »
That is exactly what I have done and this where I ended up coming to the forum for insight.

I'm basing my replies on your screenshot. That screenshot clearly shows something else: it's trying to recover required files belonging to a GSX installation that has been removed.

It cannot possibly come out after a "clean" installation as the one I indicated in my last post because, after a clean installation (made following my steps to the letter) you won't have anything from GSX Pro yet, so the installer won't try to "restore" anything, which is what I can see it's doing in your screenshot.

So, either you haven't followed my instructions to make a new clean install to the letter, or your previous screenshot is no longer current with what is currently happening now.

clivelcox

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 06:54:24 pm »
Ok this in going nowhere.....
I came here for help to fix the problem I have.
I have done everything you have said.
I still have same issue
Now can we try and solve this and how to fix it....please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2023, 05:25:51 pm »
Now can we try and solve this and how to fix it....please

I already told you how to fix it:

Go into the Windows Control Panel, select "Programs and Features" and uninstall the "Fsdreamteam Universal Installer" program

- After uninstalling it, remove the whole Addon Manager folder, which in your case seems to be C:\FSIM\MSFS\Addon Manager.

- Reinstall the FSDT Universal Installer again.

If you are doing this, and exactly this (and nothing more than this), it's impossible you'll still see what you had in your previous screenshot.

That is, unless you are doing MORE than I said to do, which is "Installing GSX Pro" afterwards. I never said to do that, because I'm trying to follow a precise troubleshooting process so, if you did that, even if I haven't said to do it, it CAN happen again but, I need to KNOW you did that extra step I never said to perform.

Because, if it's happening after installing GSX (cannot happen before, after a clean reinstall made according to my instructions), it might indicate something like the antivirus interfering, and removing files it shouldn't have, and interfering again, when the installer tried to restore them.

clivelcox

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2023, 07:34:17 pm »
we are going in circles here.... I will add screenshots showing you I have done what you said as you do not believe me.....

As I said the installer does not going further than that specific point and then it just closes

and you will see I even tried installing it under program files with same result
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 07:39:40 pm by clivelcox »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2023, 11:27:08 am »
we are going in circles here.... I will add screenshots showing you I have done what you said as you do not believe me.....

Nowhere I said I don't "believe you", but you never posted a screenshot showing the installer trying to restore files of a corrupted/missing GSX installation AFTER I explicitly told you to remove the whole addon manager folder, so I cannot possibly be sure of that so no, I have NOT said I don't "believe you", just that your previous screenshot might be outdated now.

And, since I haven't clarified you should have stopped BEFORE installing GSX, I added it, because maybe you reinstalled GSX after doing a clean uninstall, which is the only possible way you would see what you had in your screenshot: the installer trying to restore files which has been wrongly removed by "something" (usually the antivirus), AFTER a GSX installation which has been compromised by "something". It will not happen after a clean reinstall, because after a clean reinstall, there's no GSX installed, so there's nothing to do to "restore".

Do you have enough space on the drive Windows boots from (usually c:)? If it's not the antivirus, that's a possible reason why the installer might stop.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 11:29:25 am by virtuali »

clivelcox

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2023, 06:49:27 pm »
I still do not have an answer on how to fix this problem.

clivelcox

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2023, 12:45:47 pm »
So I decided to wipe and reload and start with fresh and clean pc.

After hours and hours of installing and downloading MSFS and try again installing the same problem....really??????????
But this time I got this message:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.InvalidProgramException: JIT Compiler encountered an internal limitation.
   at System.Windows.Forms.ThreadExceptionDialog..ctor(Exception t)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.OnThreadException(Exception t)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Couatl_Updater2
    Assembly Version: 2.0.8721.26611
    Win32 Version: 2.0.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/FSIM/MSFS/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9032.0 built by: NET481REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9191.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9206.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9181.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.9200.0 built by: NET481REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
QlmLicenseLib
    Assembly Version: 16.0.22273.2
    Win32 Version: 16.0.22273.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/FSIM/MSFS/Addon%20Manager/QlmLicenseLib.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Web.Services
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Web.Services/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.Services.dll
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.6.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/FSIM/MSFS/Addon%20Manager/Couatl_Updater2.exe
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Security
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Security/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Security.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.