Author Topic: Is SimBrief mandatory with Gsx Pro?  (Read 2285 times)

Andre_320

Is SimBrief mandatory with Gsx Pro?
« on: April 15, 2023, 10:26:13 am »
Hello to all
I don't have SimBrief installed and since the last Coualt 2.5.0 update, I have Reload SimBrief in red in the GSX menu ?.
Before this update everything was working fine.
Congratulations on the improvements made to this version but why does this Reload SimBrief message appear now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is SimBrief mandatory with Gsx Pro?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 06:54:03 pm »
I don't have SimBrief installed and since the last Coualt 2.5.0 update, I have Reload SimBrief in red in the GSX menu ?.Before this update everything was working fine.

It's now working fine, it wasn't before.

Before the update, you had to manually click the button to load Simbrief and, before you did that, the button was in an undefined state ( neither red or green, it was grey ), now as soon you open the GSX menu, the Simbrief status will be check automatically, on the background, without delaying the menu opening until the Simbrief status could be checked.

The SimBrief button is not just red: it shows a small text beneath the button, with a reason why it's red. If you don't see it, it's possible you might have to resize the GSX menu with the mouse to make it taller, so you'll see the text below the button.

And of course, if you click it, it will show whatever error/problem it has, on the top of the screen.

Andre_320

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 01:58:10 pm »
Thank you for your quick response.
After opening a Navigraph and Simbrief account, if I use the same aircraft as the flight plan in Simbrief, no problem, Reload SimBrief is green.

I think that for many users, this SimBrief function should be an option in the "GSX MAIN MENU" or the "FSDT Installer settings".
Those who use Simbrief should check a box to show the Reload SimBrief box in the GSX MAIN MENU and those who do not use this SimBrief function should not see Reload SimBrief, this red color indicates an error that is not an error, I think that is what appeals to the simmers and earns you all these mails not always pleasant
Kind regards.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2023, 01:28:04 am »
those who do not use this SimBrief function should not see Reload SimBrief, this red color indicates an error that is not an error

And that's precisely why there's a text below it, showing why it's red, and there's a big text appearing on top of  the screen when you click it, repeating the reason why there's any problem, so you won't even wonder why it's red.

I think that is what appeals to the simmers and earns you all these mails not always pleasant

All emails about issues with Simbrief are from users that placed their numeric User ID, while the manual and the dialog box text clearly ask to put the Username instead.

Not a single email ever arrived complaining about not wanting to see Simbrief is no username is inserted, but we'll consider your suggestion to hide the button, hoping nobody will complain about not seeing it anymore if they forgot to insert their username.

steveduemila

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 08:45:36 am »
For example, Umberto, today Simbrief website is off.
An option to put manually number of pax will be welcome.
Thank you.

six75

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 03:46:19 pm »
Hi everyone, I purchased the GSX a few days ago and I find myself with this problem that I don't understand how to solve, I always get the message in red saying that it doesn't connect with simbrief, and at the top this writing that I attach. I put my alias in the GSX menu but it continues to give this error
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 04:36:12 pm by six75 »