Author Topic: What happened to the installer with the config file?  (Read 944 times)

crauds

What happened to the installer with the config file?
« on: November 24, 2023, 06:21:16 pm »
When I clicked on the link for the "offline" installer, it copied over my original installer that had access to the config file as well as other FSDT products.  How do I get that version of the installer back again?
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: What happened to the installer with the config file?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 06:49:26 pm »
Please clarify:

hen I clicked on the link for the "offline" installer, it copied over

When you click a downloadable link, you are normally prompted to save the file in some place by the browser. This place can be a folder (like your "Downloads" folder, for example) but can also be a file so, your "It copied over" sentence, looks as if you saved it over an existing file, you downloaded earlier. Is this what you did?

my original installer that had access to the config file

Please clarify what do you mean by this. You mean the FSDT Universal Installer?

If yes, if you understood correctly, you downloaded the Offline installer, which is called "Addon Manager.EXE" and when the browser asked you to save it in a certain place, you saved it ON TOP of "FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe" you downloaded earlier, so now FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe has been overwritten?

How do I get that version of the installer back again?

If that's what really happen, the FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe is can be downloaded from the MSFS section of the "Products and Downloads" page:

https://fsdreamteam.com/products_msfs.html

crauds

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 09:04:28 pm »
Unfortunately, there was no choice.  When I clicked either of the links for the "offline" one, it immediately asked if I wanted to install it.  And the choice of location was locked out.  It only had the addon location and the same name as the original universal installer.  So I now have a file called the universal installer, but clicking on it only allows me to access my serial key.  I thank you for your timely response.  I absolutely enjoy your software.  I will go to the link you suggested to see if I can again obtain the "true" universal installer.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 09:13:56 pm »
When I followed your instructions, this is the interface that loaded.  I first deleted the installer (couatl updater files)from my addon-manager and ran the installed again, but I still got this one which does not have config options
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 12:53:49 am »
Unfortunately, there was no choice.  When I clicked either of the links for the "offline" one, it immediately asked if I wanted to install it.

You are confusing two different things:

"When I clicked either of the links", means the act of DOWNLOAD so, unless your browser gave you an option to Save or Run already, and you chose Run, "click on either links" would JUST download the Offline installer.

Maybe you wanted to say: "After I downloaded the Offline installer by clicking the links, I STARTED It from my download folder, and this happened" ?

And the choice of location was locked out.

Of course it was, it's meant to use the location you already chosen for the normal installer, and it's correctly prevent you to make the mistake of installing the Offline installer in a different place.

The Offline installer, as clearly explained in the Sticky post where you download it, is not a "replacement" for the normal installer. It's used in ONE and ONLY ONE case: if you suspect you are not getting the latest code from the regular updater due to network update delays. So it will always be installed last, in the same folder of the normal installer.

If you are not in this situation, you don't need the offline installer at all.

Also, your screenshot doesn't show any products, because you clicked on either the MSFS icon or the P3D icon to hide them, that's why it says "Products are Hidden" so, just click again to bring them back.

crauds

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 12:13:25 pm »
Gotcha!   OK.  I now have full installer in view, but when I first installed, it also had a "config" button to the right of the top line which allowed me to choose airports to enable or disable.  Where is that "config" option?  It was on the original installer but as you can see, it is no longer visible.  So now how can I enable or disable jetways for a specific airport?  The manual shows this option to be available in this installer interface
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 12:23:44 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams

crauds

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 02:20:27 pm »
Aha!  I figured out how to activate from that installer.  MSFS was hidden.  All is well now.  Thank you.
Craig Williams