Author Topic: GSX menu only "flashes" then disappears  (Read 3398 times)

crauds

GSX menu only "flashes" then disappears
« on: November 24, 2023, 01:59:45 am »
Everything was working fine before I read the post about the "offline" installer.  I thought that running it would only verify that I had everything installed correctly, but my doing so apparently introduced a glitch that I cannot undo.  When I spawn my aircraft at a gate, the GSX icon appears in my toolbar, but clicking on it only caused the menu to flash and then disappear.  I have tried several times to run this "offline" installer again but I still have the same problem. 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: GSX menu only "flashes" then disappears
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 12:04:38 pm »
Update:  I was having the issue with the PMDG B737.  I switched to the B787 and spawned at an entirely different airport and the menu popped up and everything performed properly.  I then went back and redid the last flight that had the issue.  I used the B737 and this time everything was normal.  Makes no sense.  I am going to try a new flight this morning with the B737.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

romoni

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 01:25:30 pm »
I found about how I can get this addon working. First I start Sim normally, select airport and gate and push Fly.  As sim is loaded I check if GSX works but no - it's not open so I go back to Main menu and select again same airport and gate and now GSX works as it should be. Now a days that is my trick. Before I haven't any problems with this addon. A little bit frustrated but what can I do...

goose66

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 03:53:15 pm »
It sounds like Coatl is not starting when you load MSFS.  Check to make sure there is an entry to do so in the MSFS ini file.  Also, run your sim as admin.  I have never had an instance of any program not starting.  If the ini file entry is there for GSX, then running as admin will start it on MSFS load.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

romoni

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2023, 04:35:34 pm »
Earlier I started GSX manually via shortcut but this not help. Couatl is exe.xml as it should be. What ini. file You mean? I use Steam version and can't run MSFS as admin.

crauds

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2023, 05:46:55 pm »
Further update:  I noticed the issue seems to only occur when I select B737 with a different livery.  I have no problem with other MSFS models, so spawning first with one of them and then loading flight with B737 again makes GSX accessible.  I have not tried with other payware models.  Seems some conflict with B737 and GSX but not consistent(?)   Is anyone having this issue with other aircraft?  I just recently installed the program with its current update, so have no experience with GSX and B737 behavior with earlier versions.
Craig Williams

vulcan

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 04:22:25 am »
I have the  same problem except it happens at any random airport and any random aircraft.
Romoni's work around is not working, nor is " click 10 times"
No notification that the couatl engine is not running, in fact task manager tells me it is running

We need some help Umberto please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 11:49:04 am »
Check this thread here, the user who also had it on the PMDG 737, said it was because he tried to call GSX before setting the parking brakes:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,30828.msg197737.html#msg197737

And he probably didn't see any message or voice, because he likely had both the aural alerts option disabled and the verbosity switch down.

vulcan

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 05:01:53 pm »
Tried 3 different aircraft (default & 3rd party) and 4 different airports, parking brake on and off, menu still flashing, the only difference is the verbal warning to set parking brakes if they were off.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 11:59:04 pm »
Tried 3 different aircraft (default & 3rd party) and 4 different airports, parking brake on and off, menu still flashing, the only difference is the verbal warning to set parking brakes if they were off.

Please post your log, made after you opened the menu, enabled according to the instructions here:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26759.msg175111.html#msg175111

vulcan

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 11:27:45 pm »
couatl_MSFS.in file created and placed in appdata/roaming/virtuali
with MSFS running restarted Couatl, no log file and GSX menu still just flashing
After attempting to start the menu checked again for a log file, none found.
Attched  is the couatl_MSFS.in zipped file and the couatl.err file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2023, 09:07:05 am »
You posted an empty ZIP file.

vulcan

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2023, 12:46:41 pm »
My apologies here are the 2 zip files again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2023, 02:58:52 pm »
You haven't posted two files. You only posted the .ERR file, which is not used anymore after enabling logging, so I need the Couatl.LOG file instead.

vulcan

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2023, 06:30:49 pm »
I don't know what's going on, I definitely select 2 files, couatl.zip an couatl_MSFS.zip so I'll try again with just the Couatl_MSFS.zip

NB There is no log file
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 02:52:52 pm by vulcan »