Author Topic: Increase the display time for in-sim messages?  (Read 730 times)

Adamski_NZ

Increase the display time for in-sim messages?
« on: November 24, 2023, 06:51:43 am »
GSX newbie, so be gentle with me!!

I've only had GSX 24hrs and am blown away by what it does. My ground services are like watching a feature film!!

However - the on-going messages that pop up during the various stages of services flash by all too quickly for me. I'm so focused on the visuals that I often miss them. Is there a setting (or tweak) that can increase the length of time all these in-sim messages show?

Adam.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Increase the display time for in-sim messages?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2023, 08:55:53 am »
Adam, there should be something in the GSX settings to adjust this.
Captain Kevin

Adamski_NZ

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 10:16:37 am »
Adam, there should be something in the GSX settings to adjust this.
Yes (thanks) but I've gone right through the manual and couldn't find anything ... but I could have missed it LOL!

Maybe it's not available in the settings GUI and possibly a line in a config ini file of some kind <?>.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 12:59:16 am »
You can set the time interval between repeating messages ( like when it asks to open a door ), but it's not possible to set each message duration, we set it depending on the context, to be sure they won't overlap.

Adamski_NZ

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 02:43:07 am »
You can set the time interval between repeating messages ( like when it asks to open a door ), but it's not possible to set each message duration, we set it depending on the context, to be sure they won't overlap.
That sounds logical/reasonable (!). What about a message "history" function? We used to have a fairly decent one, I think, in P3D (for ATC).

Seeing as it looks like I'm talking to "da boss" ... many congratulations on a superb piece of work. Minimal tweaking from me (apart from a couple of profiles) and it all works beautifully. Quite an achievement, considering its complexity and the trials and tribulations of working with MSFS!