Author Topic: Problems getting passengers to follow the correct path  (Read 873 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Problems getting passengers to follow the correct path
« on: November 23, 2023, 01:56:44 am »
I'm trying to edit the passengers at  WFScenery Studio Hong Kong, gate 207.  I was trying to get the passengers to walk through the jetway and partway down the terminal.  I raised the waypoints to the bottom of the jetway but they are still walking below the jetway.  Not only that, but after the first couple of waypoints they turn around and walk back to the plane.  Also, the height numbers are still showing.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 01:58:24 am by Jerrymc3 »
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problems getting passengers to follow the correct path
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 04:30:34 pm »
Walking waypoints are not supposed to be used in that way with jetways. They should be used only in the static part after the rotating root. The animated part, from the root to the airplane door, is always handled automatically from data that arrives from Simconnect: custom waypoints there are useless, because the jetway position changes depending on the airplane and how it has been parked. GSX creates "virtual" waypoints that change dynamically to cover the animated part of the jetway.

To fix passengers walking at the wrong height, you need to add the only data Simconnect doesn't provide us with to the airport profile, which is the jetway root floor height.

This is explained in detail at Page 72 of the manual, the chapter named "Custom Jetway Floor heights"

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2023, 07:56:24 pm »
I set my first waypoint just past the top of the jetway.  The passengers are still walking below the jetway until they reach that waypoint, then they climb up and proceed at the correct height.
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 11:51:27 am »
I set my first waypoint just past the top of the jetway.  The passengers are still walking below the jetway until they reach that waypoint, then they climb up and proceed at the correct height.

It doesn't seem you read the manual at Page 72, as I've suggested. This is NOT fixed by adding waypoints: you MUST set the floor heigh correctly first and THEN, eventually, add extra waypoints to continue the path and ONLY in the static part of the jetway.

Again, reading the manual would have helped understanding how jetways work so, I'll quote Page 74, which includes a picture:

During Deboarding, Passengers will walk through waypoints 0, 1, 2 and 3, while on Boarding, the order will be reversed to 3, 2, 1 and 0.

If a Jetway is modeled following this standard, through the Navdata API, and the Airplane configuration (for the Exit), GSX has all the information required to plot the Passengers waypoints correctly. You might only need to manually specify the Jetway floor height, if it’s not 4.60 meters from ground, which has been explained in the previous chapter.

Note that, the chapter "Special Jetway models" at Page 74 first explains how a STANDARD jetway works, to clarify why you need to do extra work to support SPECIAL types so, in your case (clearly a standard jetway), there's no need to read further, into the paragraph named "How to deal with special Jetways"
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 11:54:24 am by virtuali »