Author Topic: GSX problem during the pushback  (Read 944 times)

flyerone

GSX problem during the pushback
« on: November 12, 2023, 07:01:41 pm »
Hello

I’ve to report a trouble during the pushback phase using my Maddog X with Prepar 3D v5.3.
The issue is a block of mouse commands that does not allow me to interact with the panel switches just once the pushback is started.
It was random issue at the beginning, but after the last gsx upgrade, today I had not only the mouse with no response with the panel but all my peripherals (joke, pedal, throttle quadrant) where stucked.
I interrupted the pushback by the gsx menu but did not solve the problem. So I tried with the import backup of my control setting but didn’t solve it either. Finally I solved resetting the Couatl and Airport cache which action get back to work all my controls and peripherals.

Any one he's having the same problem? Or maybe a new gsx bug never reported before?

Thank’s in advance for your help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX problem during the pushback
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 11:44:06 am »
The only place where we use the mouse in P3D 5, is the QuickEdit editor so, in a way, Pushback and the mouse might be related but yes, nobody reported this before.

However, I really can't see how it's possible rebuilding the airport cache could possibly have anything to do with it.

flyerone

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2023, 06:23:17 pm »
The only place where we use the mouse in P3D 5, is the QuickEdit editor so, in a way, Pushback and the mouse might be related but yes, nobody reported this before.

However, I really can't see how it's possible rebuilding the airport cache could possibly have anything to do with it.

Yes you’re right I just selected reset couatl and airport cache just casually but I think was enough to use “Reset Couatl” only. And I do confirm resetting the Couatl get the mouse back to work.

flyerone

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 08:38:43 pm »

Nobody reported before because is a bug of the last live update.

There are other member in this forum which had reported the same problem in another post.

Hope your team will fix this bug because for a payware addon this is frustrating.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 11:37:11 pm by flyerone »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2023, 10:55:43 pm »
Nobody reported before because is a bug of the last live update.

Please re-read my reply.

I said, "the only place where we use the mouse in P3D 5, is the QuickEdit editor", but you never said if you ever used it. If you had, I could confirm that yes, it's something that happened recently and, of course, as you can see from other posts, there's already a new fix for this in the current Live Update.

If, instead, you are not using Quickedit and you are still having this problem, then we need a whole new different kind of troubleshooting, because I really can't see how pushback in general (outside QuickEdit) could be related to the mouse or the joystick.