Author Topic: PMDG GPU from Additional Services  (Read 711 times)

AndyCYXU

PMDG GPU from Additional Services
« on: November 07, 2023, 07:48:33 pm »
PMDG GPU from additional services seems to be hit and miss...

1. I tried this from cold and dark i requested GPU and all i ever got was a message it is on its way but it never arrived

2. Other time I turned ON the battery on the OVH panel and requested GPU and it did show up pretty much instantly

3. same as #2 but GPU never materialized i just did it myself from CDU only got a message ".. is arriving.."

so, are there some things that have to be in place for the PMDG GPU unit to show up?

It becomes somewhat annoying if it does not show up because I cannot request push back since it is "... waiting for other services to complete... " need to restart coati to be able to get push back

also if i started boarding first it will tell me I cannot request GPU when boarding is in progress, but I can first request GPU "hope it shows up" then request boarding

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG GPU from Additional Services
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 11:48:08 pm »
PMDG integration doesn't work in Cold and Dark, you must at least turn on the battery, so GSX could operate the 2nd FMC, which doesn't work unless there's at least battery power.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 04:22:38 pm by virtuali »

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 12:46:16 pm »
To get around this, I created 'Cold Dark GSX' startup states for my PMDG airplanes.

I had the GPU attached when I saved them. Now, I start at the gate with the GPU attached waiting for me to hit the ground power switch before GSX is started.   
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 08:51:39 pm »
ok that explains it, thanks

AndyCYXU

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2023, 08:58:25 pm »
To get around this, I created 'Cold Dark GSX' startup states for my PMDG airplanes.

I had the GPU attached when I saved them. Now, I start at the gate with the GPU attached waiting for me to hit the ground power switch before GSX is started.

can you request from GSX to remove it? just wondering I hate using the FMC in PMDG for these things lol, i suppose i can save Cold and dark with it attached as you did :)