Author Topic: Request regarding Show me the parking spot function  (Read 718 times)

glc100o

Request regarding Show me the parking spot function
« on: October 23, 2023, 07:55:10 pm »
I have noted that when choosing a gate, one has to answer whether or not you want a follow me car for GSX to accept the chosen gate and activate it. The GSX menu then closes.

If one instead goes directly to the "Show me the parking spot function" after choosing a gate, GSX appears to show the gate, but not to set the gate up.

So one had to choose a gate, decide on follow me, and then open the menu again to choose option 6 to see the parking spot.

Would it be possible to have the menu remain open and offer a Show me the the gate option after choosing the gate, and saying yes or no to the follow me car, so one does not have to open the menu immediately again to see the spot to navigate to it?

Greg

glc100o

Re: Request regarding Show me the parking spot function
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2023, 07:09:43 pm »
Hello,
I think this may have missed with all the recent posts.
To simplify I would like to be able to select a gate and then choose and activate the Show Me option without having the menu close after selecting the gate and need to be reopened.

Thanks
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 10:33:58 am »
So, if I understood your suggetion correctly, you would like to have a combined "Show me AND Activate Gate" option ?

glc100o

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2023, 06:47:00 pm »
Yes, Exactly. I always activate the gate and then use the Show Me function to help me taxi to it.
I use Navigraph charts to help with on airport taxiing, but The show me function works best to locate the actual gate without having to switch constantly into Navigraph Charts.

Greg