Author Topic: Jetway retracts after selecting deboarding  (Read 734 times)

plguzman

Jetway retracts after selecting deboarding
« on: November 04, 2023, 06:55:56 am »
Hello Umberto.

I have a minor issue but its annoying after upgrading to 2.8.X. I always like to operate the jetway (and stairs if avail.) and then select deboarding. Now after 2.8.X when I select deboarding then the jetway retracts and obviously no passengers are visible. I must select deboarding first (jetway - stairs - deboard passengers) all in one to see the passengers.

Is there any config that I'm missing? I checked the menu but can't find nothing about this.

Thanks.

Pedro.

wingview

Re: Jetway retracts after selecting deboarding
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 09:02:45 am »
I don't know which aircraft you use but with the Fenix you have to set Auto Door and Auto Jetway to off in the EFB, same for other addons like FS2Crew etc so only GSX controls this. I hope this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway retracts after selecting deboarding
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 08:12:02 am »
I have a minor issue but its annoying after upgrading to 2.8.X. I always like to operate the jetway (and stairs if avail.) and then select deboarding. Now after 2.8.X

Nothing has changed in the way jetways are controlled in a long while. But of course, if the airplane you are using (you don't say which one) has a feature that controls jetways, it must be turned off, because it might try to operate the jetway at the same time as GSX, resulting in a double toggle.

Note that, GSX already checks if the jetways is moving *before* operating it so, if the airplane moved the jetway before GSX, it won't be a problem, because GSX won't do a double toggle in this case. But if the airplane code doesn't check for this, and it tries to move the jetway after GSX, it will double toggle.

That's why it's best to be sure no two apps are operating the jetway at the same time.

Last thing to check, is the MSFS AI Copilot: if he's tasked with handling communications, it will also try to operate the jetway which, again, if he's not checking is already moving because GSX, will cause a double toggle again.