Author Topic: Pink belt loader drivers..  (Read 2255 times)

Pvazquez

Pink belt loader drivers..
« on: November 01, 2023, 09:22:09 pm »
Hello,

I am having an issue with the belt loader drivers showing up in pink. I didn't notice it until yesterday (10/31/23) as I never look outside the airplane so I don't know who long it's been like that. I did the unlink then uninstall through the FSDT Installer, then deleted the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache. Restarted my computer then reinstalled and activated my GSX Pro. I still have the pink guys. Everything else is fine. It's only with the belt loader drivers. Not sure what to do now. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Pvazquez
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 09:23:50 pm by Pvazquez »

bobbywhite

Re: Pink belt loader drivers..
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2023, 01:38:59 am »
I'm having the same issue, if you figure it out let me know.

Pvazquez

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2023, 02:31:31 am »
I tried everything I found here to do but nothing is working for me and no replies from support either.

Rob Jones

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2023, 11:20:35 am »
I did a complete uninstall including %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache, from a post here that I now cannot find. Download a fresh copy of GSX and all is good.

edit:
If objects are missing or show pink textures and when you call GSX you have errors, it's because your entire gsx-world-of-jetways package hasn't been installed, most likely due to a server problem during the release day. This was indicated in the installer log but now, we updated the installer to make it more clear something bad happened during download. To this this, follows this procedure:

- Uninstall GSX, and confirm to uninstall it, not just unlink it.

- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache  ( if you have it )

- Reinstall GSX, it will redownload everything from scratch.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 11:26:06 am by Rob Jones »

Abraxas

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 09:39:28 am »
V2.8.2
It's the same for me. In some cases, the driver of the pushback vehicle is pink. After uninstalling and reinstalling three times according to the procedure shown above, I have now given up. Since the developers have not suggested a solution that fixes the problem for me, I assume that there is no solution at the moment. I have therefore unlinked GSX Pro and am waiting for the next update. Cheers Abraxas

bobbywhite

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 03:42:02 pm »
I'm having the same issue with the pink loaders, but my walkers don't walk and the tug vehicle drives at an angle.  I've done the same thing, uninstalled and reinstalled, no change.  If anyone gets a solution, let me know. 

thanks

bobbywhite

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 03:48:18 pm »
Just an FYI, I was also having an issue with a mod I purchased on market place, KLGA airport, and for what ever reason when taking off from runway 22, the plane would crash about half way down the airport, like it hit a big bump.  I contacted the seller and they told me that there have been some rumblings with GSX affecting certain mods.  I haven't tried to uninstall GSX to try this yet, when I do, I'll let you know the out come.

I know the developer always states that GSX does not casue CTD's in MSFS, but this isn't really a CTD.

Stay tuned

Pvazquez

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 06:42:14 pm »
I did a complete uninstall including %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache, from a post here that I now cannot find. Download a fresh copy of GSX and all is good.

edit:
If objects are missing or show pink textures and when you call GSX you have errors, it's because your entire gsx-world-of-jetways package hasn't been installed, most likely due to a server problem during the release day. This was indicated in the installer log but now, we updated the installer to make it more clear something bad happened during download. To this this, follows this procedure:

- Uninstall GSX, and confirm to uninstall it, not just unlink it.

- Remove this folder %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\PackagesCache  ( if you have it )

- Reinstall GSX, it will redownload everything from scratch.

I did this about 3 times and nothing worked for me. I guess we have to wait until they find a fix. Hopefully soon!

PVazquez

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2023, 07:56:52 am »
The problem doesn't happen, unless you updated just with the Offline installer, when you should always update with the Live Updater and use the Offline installer **only** if you are affected by a delay of your local Cloudflare node.

Abraxas

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2023, 05:24:20 pm »
I have now updated to version 2.8.3. with the Live updater, but this has not changed anything. The same textures are still missing as before.

Then I uninstalled version 2.8.3 and the Live Updater. Since I have no other software from FSDT, I renamed the folder "Addon Manager" to "Addon Manager old", because despite uninstallation there were still many files in the folder.

Reinstalled with the FSDT Installer and then installed GSX Pro with FSDT Live Updater.

Now all textures seem to be installed, at least I have normal colors in the places that were pink before.
Cheers Abraxas

Pvazquez

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2023, 09:51:25 pm »
I have now updated to version 2.8.3. with the Live updater, but this has not changed anything. The same textures are still missing as before.

Then I uninstalled version 2.8.3 and the Live Updater. Since I have no other software from FSDT, I renamed the folder "Addon Manager" to "Addon Manager old", because despite uninstallation there were still many files in the folder.

Reinstalled with the FSDT Installer and then installed GSX Pro with FSDT Live Updater.

Now all textures seem to be installed, at least I have normal colors in the places that were pink before.
Cheers Abraxas

Hello,

Thank you for posting that. I did the same thing and it worked. Now my extraterrestrial pink guys are back to normal human beings... LOL!  ;D

Regards,
PVazquez

Abraxas

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2023, 06:26:06 pm »
Unfortunately, I have to revoke my statement that the problems are solved with a new installation.
After my second flight, some of the drivers of the vehicles are pink again. The worker who unloads the suitcases is pink, and as soon as he touches the suitcases that are on the conveyor belt and look normal, they also turn pink.
So there are still textures missing. What is missing in the program is a tool that can check which files are missing or not up to date.
Cheers Abraxas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2023, 08:38:49 pm »
What is missing in the program is a tool that can check which files are missing or not up to date

That is precisely what the Live Update does. It checks all your files, one by one, against the online version, to verify they are all installed.

Abraxas

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2023, 07:36:23 am »
Then no textures should be missing, so why are textures missing after an installation?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2023, 11:35:48 am »
Then no textures should be missing, so why are textures missing after an installation?

Exactly, they shouldn't.

But, as explained so many times, internet caching and server replication might get in the way, which means if your local cloudflare node hasn't been replicated yet after an update, the new textures files might have not reached it yet.

But of course, they eventually will after some time, which we have no control over it, sometimes it's a few minutes, in some cases it might be some days, and that's why after we add new operators, for a few days we have a few users reporting "pink textures" or any similar issues, but nobody reports it anymore after a few days.

We have an OFFLINE installer available for those users affected by a still outdated cloudflare node in their area, but as explained in the Offline installer Sticky thread, it only contains GSX code, to prevent the more serious issues, it doesn't contain models/texture, because if it did, it would have grown by now to the same size of the full installer, defeating the purpose of having it as an update.