Author Topic: P3Dv5: Major issue with "bounceAircraft"!!  (Read 865 times)

MELKOR

P3Dv5: Major issue with "bounceAircraft"!!
« on: November 04, 2023, 02:51:17 am »
I had a very frustrating night trying to fly on VATSIM. I was going to takeoff from KSDF (FSDT scenery, GSX, and GSX Level 2). As I was taxiing out to runway 17R along taxiway B, I kept (for lack of a better term) "running into a wall". My speed would suddenly drop to 0. After that started happening, I could move forward a bit and then get kicked back again. Here's a video that shows the problem:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zMuKE5h2OZrzU-73WiFLPWJdgMA6cweF/view?usp=drive_link

Took me a long while to figure out that this seems to be caused by Couatl. Please see the attached couatl.log file. Everytime the aircraft "runs into the wall", I see "bounceAircraft" logged in couatl.log. What is that all about?!?! I don't want Couatl EVER messing with my aircraft velocities or position!

Exiting the couatl program from the system tray resolves the issue (but, of course, my FSDT scenery goes away!)

So very frustrating!

Is there any way to workaround??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3Dv5: Major issue with "bounceAircraft"!!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 12:58:01 pm »
Your log shows you are not only outdated, but you are also missing lots of files which are always normally installed, those are all the object colliders so, their missing will create exactly that problem, since in absence of a custom collider file, the whole object boundary will be used, so it won't be accurate.

Another problem in your log shows you tried to use GSX while the airport cache was still rebuilding, which will cause other issues as well.

Of course, it's not normal you would be missing those files, since they are surely online and are surely installed by the installer and updated by the updater (even if we haven't updated those in a long while).

So, the usual suggestions:

- Be sure the whole Addon Manager folder is excluded from the antivirus

- Be sure no firewall is blocking the updater

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

MELKOR

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 12:09:25 am »
I always run Live Update before I fly, so you'd think it'd be fine...

Nevertheless, I re-ran Live Update and the problem seems to have gone away.

Glitch in the matrix? Maybe I should start running Live Update twice to make sure nothing changes on the second update.

BTW, is there a log generated by Couatl_Updater2 somewhere? I could only find a log for Couatl_Updater.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 01:03:41 am »
Nevertheless, I re-ran Live Update and the problem seems to have gone away.

That's to be expected because, if you checked the P3D forums for the affected sceneries (KCLT, KMEM, KSDF), I made multiple posts replying to those who reported it, saying the problem should be fixed now, because it was caused by a bug in the updater that didn't install the collider files.

Normally, those files should always be there, because the scenery installer installs them (that's why I couldn't reproduce it at first, I had to remove the file to create the problem) but, if you lost them for any reason, the updater should be able to restore them, but it didn't, causing the problem.

BTW, is there a log generated by Couatl_Updater2 somewhere?

There's no log, unless you start it by adding a /LOG parameter to its startup parameters.